footmuff or snowsuit?

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:20 am 
Post subject: footmuff or snowsuit?
It's gone freezing out so we need to go and buy one or the other today or tomorrow really. I can see pros and cons of each.

Footmuff pros:
Easier when going in and out of shops.
Cons:
Expensive.
Need a coat as well and have seen very few for young babies.

Snowsuit pros:
Cheaper.
Look cute.
If she wants to come out of pram if we're out on a walk she'll still be warm.
Con's:
Don't think would be able to use with a dress.
Harder to get in and out of and risk overheating if going in and out of shops.

I'm really trying to avoid having to get both this year as will be about 100.
What are your thoughts?

xx

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Tbh I had both but we are out walking the dog and always have a boxing day family walk around delamere so I would have Charlotte in snowsuit and under a footmuff and sometimes a blanket too especially when I was frosty/snowing.
I dont think you have to spend a fortune though unless you want the footmuff to match your pram.

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
I had both but took one off if it was worn for example in shops. A footmuff zips off easily if necessary, and i think they look better for younger babies. I bought one from a market, it was white and frilly for around 35.
i also got her snowsuits from Tesco around 14 so 100 is a little steep haha
ive never had Lola in anything other than dresses either and have had no problem with snow suits xx
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
I have a footmuff and a coat.. She's such a big baby and growing quickly (already in 9-12 cclothes and starting to out grow some of them!!) plus we're always in and out of the house schools and shops.. iI always use extra blankets too.. She had 2 extra blankets tucked around her today xx
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:27 am 
Post subject:
I had both as well, with my last I needed them as we were in Germany and the winters were bitterly cold and I used to walk our german shepherd every morning for an hour, over here I suppose it depends where you live and how much time you spend outdoors Question I found the snowsuits with the twin zips that run down each leg the best so if you go into a shop and its warm you can pull the zips down and get some air circulating. Plus they're much easier to get your baby into as well.
I've had snowsuits in the past with my girls and never found dresses a problem with them ? But I did get one that was just like a sleeping bag at the bottom for my second daughter and then had issues with that and the pram straps Rolling Eyes So I went back to ones with legs.
Most footmuffs though have zip off fronts so you can just use them as a buggy liner all year round so I got loads of use out of mine. Right up until they weren't in the pram anymore as liners are essential really with toddlers as you can just take that off and stick it in the washer instead of habving to clean the whole pram Laughing
I got a footmuff with legs in it for my first son as well though and that was a pain as his legs would get stuck and pull it inside out when you took him out of his pram, so the ordinary ones are better I think .
If it's just for an extra layer and doesn't need to be super thick then you can get them from about 15-20 from amazon and other places.
Snowsuits start from about the same price range as well, and to be honest I wouldn't bother buying an expensive one as they're not in them for very long xx
abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
If you haven't already got one, google Bounty flash sales. I've just got a foot muff from there for 10+ p&p which should have been 50.
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
If you're out and about a lot go for both, footmuffs are ok but draughts can still get in and wee feet can get cold. Expensive but the muff is a good investment.

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:03 am 
Post subject:
Thank you. Have got a footmuff for now. Decided to wait until she'll fit into a 6-9 month snowsuit as that will do her most of winter.

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular