Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:29 am 
Post subject:
Faith I'd get a pregnancy test as the OPK could just confuse you more, if it was positive you still wouldn't know what it was picking up. Getting brown discharge before AF isn't all that uncommon but some pregnant women get it as well around the time their period was due. Good Luck xx
Evie glad to hear you're sounding more positive Smile and well done on passing the driving course Very Happy Another holiday sounds like just what you need (any excuse I say Wink Laughing ) xxx
Ladycake it could just be that you ov'd really late this month or maybe your body threw a wobbler and when you had the mid cycle bleeding it re set itself and counted that as an AF. I gave up trying to figure out my body after the reversal because it just went all over the place and I'm sure some of that was because of how tense before ov. I'd give it to 4 weeks from the bleed and if still nothing I'd see your GP for something to bring your period on xx
Jellytot I'd definitely go for it asap the swelling will go down within days and the ectopic risk actually goes up over time if you get scarring (not everyone does) so trying sooner can be better and there have been a few Ladies on here conceived the first month, Mand, Hope and Helen, there might even have been others I can't remember now Smile xx
Thanks Kas, I might look into that Smile xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:54 am 
Post subject:
Well after getting AF early it barely stayed Rolling Eyes I just had red spotting on the Thursday which stopped over night and then a normal first day of AF type bleed (which for me is not very heavy)during the day Friday, expected Saturday to be bad as day 2 normally is but nothing all day Shocked nothing since Shocked except a bit of brown yesterday Question
So about 8hrs worth of normal but not heavy bleeding, I was expecting it to be bad as I had period pains all Thursday afternoon in college but it's been the shortest I ever remember having and that's with taking the progesterone as well Confused
I'm starting to think my body has been trying to tell me something for quite a while now but I just wasn't listening, my FSH and LH were so good when I had the reversal I just presumed that I'd go through menopause in my late forties/fifties like all the other women in my family Question but all the longer/shorter cycle changes and sometimes heavy sometimes light periods and the extra bouts of PMT throughout the month can all be peri menopausal stuff and that's been happening for a while now Confused
I know for some women being sterilised can make them have the menopause earlier something to do with reduced blood supply to the ovaries and I only ever had one side repaired so maybe I am going to go through it in my mid forties, bit of a depressing thought but not a lot I can do about it will see what happens this month and then maybe pester my GP for some bloods Embarassed Laughing
ladycake
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies, Well I am just back from an ultrasound as really dont know where we are with the cycle?
Thanks DL05 for the advices.

My ultrasound showed good thick lining and 8 follicles in each ovary but with the right ovary having a small 1.5cm x 1cm cyst full on blood on it. She said this will probably disappear by the next cycle and everything else looked normal so in her eyes I looked like I was nearing the end of my cycle so should get my period soon enough Smile

Fingers crossed...Good luck all
Faith7
Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:58 am 
Post subject:
Hey gils, well AF as come yesterday at full sorry tmi but it is really like a tap open, like when I was 15 years old!!! But I am happy in away as I know now that I can have cycles of 28-31 day long and it comes properly not just by bits, so I will start again my Clomids on day 5 and I am buying a new pack of opk so FC for this month Very Happy
Ladycake I am glad your scan went well and now you know you got loads of follicles!! You might not need the Clomids after all as 16 is a great number of follicles, and remember that Clomids can make your cyst grow or it can give you more. But you might catch the eggy this month and get your BFP!

DL can the test to know if we are on pre-menopause??? I am also 40 and I am so scare that catch me before one more baby Sad
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:07 am 
Post subject:
All sounds good Ladycake, fingers crossed the witch doesn't show xxx
Faith the FSH/LH are supposed to be a good early clue as they start to rise in peri menopause, because your body has to work harder to get that egg out, mine at the time I had them July 2010 were very low still which is good, but for some women peri menopause can last 10 yrs or in others it can just be a couple so things could well have changed in the last 3 and a bit years Question AMH is supposed to be a good clue as well as that drops as your ovarian reserve drops but I never had that done and that's a private blood test only in this area (100+)so I probably wouldn't have that done and would just ask the GP to recheck my FSH and LH first Question
It's not very common to go through menopause in your early forties though so I'm sure you've got a good few years yet and it sounds like the op has had a positive effect on your cycle, if you can call heavier periods positive Rolling Eyes Laughing xx

Anna good luck with the next scan hun, hope you get your wish xxx

I've decided not to really try at all this cycle, I'm refusing to work out cycle days, not using OPK's and probably not even going to make any special efforts to BD around ov as chances are it could well be mid week thanks to when AF showed, I just can't be bothered with the disappointment again.
We did everything right last month, got the timing perfect and I tried some new stuff and still got AF.
I really do think now that even if I had managed to unblock my tube with something I've tried that between my age and my OH's reduced sperm count we don't have a chance anyway so why bother trying ?
I've got 2 more exams in 2 weeks time, on the same day Shocked , then the MIL and SIL and her little boy coming to stay for a few days and then we'll be in December and all the Christmas prep and the start of the next level of my course so I've got plenty to keep me busy so I'm just going to try and forget about anything baby related and concentrate on getting back to eating healthier and making sure I pass these exams Smile
JellyBean73
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
I will remind all you ladies it took me 6 months to concieve. I am 40 and the month I concieved we moved house that week and only had chance to BD once. Didnt even have time to work out when I ovulated. I still believe the fact that I completely forgot about trying really helped. As all the previous months I got so stressed out my partner was seriously beginning to worry about my mental health as I had become to obsessed about things.

Much baby dust to all xx Very Happy
lisab36
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

yes jellybean 73 it is great to hear as it keep it all real, as this journey is very intense.

For me i am just waiting on ov time next week, i am more relaxed about ttc this week after last weeks wobble. But i did not realise the lack of privacy in my house. It is the teenagers that are the worst lol x
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:06 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies hope all well
Not sure whats happening with me atm woke
yesterday to the dreaded brown discarge . went to gp whom was hopless
she said its either start of MC or one of them things
so i called EPAS they have agreed to scan tomorrow am 8.45
Hubby took me to private clinic last night baby looks
nice and happy . she could not rule out if there is a small
bleed or if it was where unbelical cord attaches
she did tell us were having a little girl Smile just hope
she hangs in there now xxx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
Smile hope all will be ok ANNA xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
Scan went well she looks nice snug in there
no bleed seen Smile she measuring two days
smaller but they said nothing to worry about

They gave me script for asprin 75mg to take
through out pregnancy reduces risk of preaclampcia
which i had previously .
ladycake
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:43 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies well still no Witch has showed up and I definitely am not pregnant so we havent been able to start the clomid yet???
This is so frustrating that I havent had a period, loads of cramps like its going to show but then nothing? I cant even test with OPK as we dont know where we are on the cycle the lady who scanned me said it looked like I was nearing the end of my cycle so should be due a period from what she could see but nothing?

I am emotionally up and down and bloated like a pot bellied pig Very Happy
Trying not to get stressed about it, when the witch shows up is only when we will know what is going on. Just heard with work as well I have to travel beginning of Dec to the US so I am just feeling "Huge" with the bloating...just another day in the cycle of us women desperate to have one more baby

XXX Hugs to all -
good luck Faith for this cycle and you Jakes mommy and DL05 take care of you too and anybody else Ive missed. its an uphill battle but hopefully we will all get there xxxx
Faith7
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:57 pm 
Post subject:
Ladycake darling I was reading you previous post when you went for your scan, if they told you you had 8 follicles and that you lying was thick that means that you were about to ovulate any time, this was on the 13 so 5 days ago if I was you I will get bonding with DH ASAP because I am almost sire you ate ovulating and that is why you feeling the way you do, and I am sure you will have your next period in about 14 days or so, Get a nice bottle of red and enjoy bd with hubby and let's hope you catch you egg and get a very BFP Smile xx
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:46 pm 
Post subject:
Faith if she was about to ovulate then she would only have one follicle by about day 5 of your cycle 7 of the 8 would start to receed and you would have a lead folicle which would be bigger than the rest. your lining is at its thickest just before AF. sounds like the witch will show soon. then you can get going on the meds. good luck. found this cycle that when you want her to show she hids. normally only have a 10 day dpo but this month it went 15 days just because i was due to start IVF.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
Glad the scan went well Anna xx
Ladycake all sounds very confusing Question It does sound like the cyst she saw could well have been a corpus luteum though and the follicles could have been antral follicles preparing for this cycle maybe ? it's hard to say though, because when I had my cannulation done on cd10 she showed me the pics and both my ovaries were covered in loads of small whitish bumps that looked like follicles to me, that cycle I ov'd on cd 15,when I had one of my laps done it was 2 days before AF was due and my ovaries looked smooth and more grayish and I couldn't even see a corpus luteum Question Your lining does thicken up just before ov but thickens even more afterwards so depending on exactly what she saw it could possibly have been either at the time Question I tend to get bloating on my surge day and for a few days before AF so again could be either, if it's not turned up soon though then it's seems to be more likely you were pre and not post ov Question xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
CD13 for me, just had to work that out Laughing I decided not to BD at all this cycle until after ov, it will be the first time since the reversal that we haven't 'tried' I just fancied a cycle with no hoping really, as the last few months seem to have sent my overall mood backwards, I have no OPK's in the house as the sight of those lines getting stronger seems to set me off being a crazy woman Shocked Laughing but have been morning temping so I'll know when I have ov'd and we're safe Laughing
Anyway this mornings was low but then it was freezing, so didn't think anything of it, but just now TMI !!!! wiped and had loads and loads of very stretchy ewcm but it also had streaks of brownish pink in it Question This afternoon I've been bloated and my boobs feel swollen and I suspect I could be getting my surge, I've never had any sort of bleeding or spotting at ov time before, but of course my stupid brain is trying to read something into it Rolling Eyes I'm going to try and stay strong and not BD though, wish me luck Wink Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 84 of 97

Jump to:  

Community

Popular