How long?

Polkadotty
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:42 am 
Post subject: How long?
Is there any ladies out there who conceived after a year of trying without any problems???
shelleyf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:09 am 
Post subject:
There'll be loads it takes people (depending in age and things) a year or so. I conceived in December 2012 after trying for over 4 years and I had so many tests and there was absolutely nothing wrong with me or my husband. After a year you could go to GP for basic tests just to rule a few obvious things out xxxx
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
We weren't stopping a pregnancy for about a year and a half, then actively trying (timing dates and keeping track of the fertile window) for around nine months before we fell pregnant naturally. I was starting to give up hope and thought we were going to need help. Once I accepted it wasn't going to happen naturally and stopped thinking about it, I fell pregnant Confused That makes me think its true what they say - if you get stressed and focus on it too much, that stops it happening. A year sounds like a long time but when you think its only 12 possible chances. My advice would be take a step back from trying relax and don't stress or focus on it night and day (as I was). easier said than done I know. I am already convincing myself we will have problems falling with number two - it so hard when you want it so much. Focus on something else if you can and I bet it happens.

[/url]
Polkadotty
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:05 am 
Post subject:
We have been to see our GP,I've had a blood test to check my ovulation which was fine, I've had an examination which was fine and my partner has had blood tests and they all came back normal. So the next thing is for him to get a sperm test done which scares me as I worry that this may be the problem.
shelleyf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:03 am 
Post subject:
It also could be totally fine I worried it was my partner's sperm count as well but it wasn't. If it is there is loads of stuff you can do to improve it. Xxx
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:49 pm 
Post subject:
We are getting a sperm test done on the nhs. We don't live near a main hospital though so we have to travel to where we need to hand in the sample to lab to where it will be tested. Seems strange cos I thought you had to do the sample at the hospital.
Just can't help but worry.
happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck. Even if there was something not quite right there are ways and means to make it right. You will be fine though I am sure x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
My hubby had to do his at home too. They say to get it to hospital within 30 mins of production as they need to test within 60mins. Needs to stay at body temperature too so put in a pocket or something. xx
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:47 am 
Post subject:
Thanks I hope so. Got to wait another full week to do the test because if my partners work he can't get the time off. Once the test is done how long do you have to wait for the results?
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:04 pm 
Post subject:
My hubby was told a silly time to wait for his first on(GP requested) but a shorter time for his second and third ones...silly if you have to wait too long as they have to test it within 60 minutes. Try some yoga or meditation or something as this stress is not going to help you at all. xxx
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hope we find out as soon as possible, just hope and hope nothing is wrong with my partner even though his blood work came back good doesn't mean there's not a problem and because we're still not pregnant I can't help but worry and think the worst all the time. I wish I could feel different about this and not worry but can't and I hate being like this.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
I know hun. Not thinking about something is impossible. Only way is to think about something else. Try meditation - sit in a darkened quiet room and think about your breathing. When other thoughts creep in, go back to thinking about your breathing. It should help you lose some stress hormones and hopefully feel better. xxx
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:06 am 
Post subject:
Took me 4 years 8 months of TTC naturally with long irregular cycles. Hang in there it will happen whether naturally or with a helping hand.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular