Anyone in the same boat? feeling low

chaz81
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:13 am 
Post subject: Anyone in the same boat? feeling low
Hi girls,

Are any of you in the same boat as me? i'm getting really low with all the fertility problems.

To put it in short terms so i dont end up in tears, ive got hypothyroidism, low progesterone levels, my hubby has got low sperm count and now the hospital is saying they cant help me (not even put me on clomid) until i get my bmi down to 30 which means ive gotta lose 3 stone and theyve only given me 5 mths to do it in.....

I feel distraught and no matter what i try i cant seem to shift the weight, i'm now on 125mcg of levothyroxine and it doesnt seem to be making any difference, ive been going to the gym and i joined slimming world a mth ago and all ive managed to do is lose 1 lb.

Would really like to hear from anyone who's having similar problems or anyone with any advice?

thanks

charlotte x x
Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Going to the gym might not help as you could be putting on muscle as you lose fat. What kind of excercise have you been doing at the gym. xx
Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:34 am 
Post subject:
Hi Chaz81, if you are medicated for your hypothroidism and it is under control this is not the reason why you are not loosing weight. The other lady is right in saying that muscle does weigh more than fat, but you would have to be seriously building some muscle to not see a reduction on the scales. Muscle actually needs fuel to work, so the more muscle you have, the more better your body will burn calories. To get the best work out you need to do a mix of cardio and weights, say two days weights and one day cardio, or mix it all up, as long as you are doing both. Ideally four times a week but three is still good and it all comes down to whether you can find the time to fit it in. Then of course you have got to look at what you are eating. You may find that keeping a food diary helps, and you have to be totally honest with yourself in your approach. I hope this helps and good luck! Smile
happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:09 pm 
Post subject:
Awwwww darling that's stressful.
Slimming world never worked for me. I went on the primal diet and have never looked back. Works for me and I have no problem losing on it. All i do is walk with the pram. No other exercise.

I can't eat carbohyfrates and lose weight. Just doesnt work for me.

Give yourself a break, relax and try yoga or meditation to keep calm. Focus on your over all lifestyle and not weight loss on a deadline. Giving yourself a break will help you stop feeling stressed and guilty x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular