Fed up of being ill :-(

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:51 am 
Post subject: Fed up of being ill :-(
I dont post much on here now, but am still lurking. Just need to vent.

Iv been ill for nearly 2 weeks now and still not sure what is actually wrong with me! It started with an itch, that I thought was an allergic reaction to some stuff we have at work with fibreglass in it. Then the rash appeared.

Last monday I went to the walk in centre who diagnosed shingles under my arm (where the rash was really inflammed) and viral rash caused by the shingles, so a dose of anti virals, 3 days off work and checking Sam for chickenpox.

By Sunday the rash had spread to most of my body and my arm was really hot and sore and I could move it very well. Back to the walk in centre, to be diagnosed with an infection and an allergic reaction, anti biotics and to go back to my doctor for blood tests.

Went to work Monday and my boss told me to get an emergency appointment at my doctors, so I did and she diagnosed Scabies! Treated both me and Sam and my rash is slowly fading and the itch lessening.

Iv told my boyfriend to get treated and he said he will IF the rash shows. So peed off with him as iv told him its contagious before, so he could re infect me. So I wont be seeing him until he gets treated. He knows how [*@!#%*] iv felt with this, its the least he could do.

Supposed to be having my works christmas do on 13th December but I cant see my skin being better by then, so no pretty party dress for me Sad

StaceyRD
Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 pm 
Post subject:
Sad You've been through the mill! Poor you. Why doesn't your guy understand?! Hope Sam stays okay throughout and this diagnosis is finally the right one! x

kayleyfluffybabyBUM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
Eek bless you Sad hopefully the doctor is right this time and your rash clears swiftly. Men are useless when it comes to medical issues. My OH simply refuses to go over anything. He only has one active kidney and gets kidney stones and still refuses to get seen when in pain in his back. x
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:25 pm 
Post subject:
Aww no way!!! Your OH needs to be treated also your bedding and stuff should be put in black bin liners and left for at least a week. Then wash them otherwise you may find you keep getting them. Especially as your OH isn't getting treated. They can be awful to get rid of.

Hope it all settles down for you especially with Christmas coming up.
Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
Thankfully he doesnt live with me and I havnt seen him since before I was diagnosed, so he will not be going near me until he gets treated!

I have told him he probably wont have to see the doctor, im sure if he phones up and explains they will do him a prescription.

I wasnt told about putting stuff in black bags? just to change bedding, clothes and towels daily and to hot wash until after my second treatment.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
Well after going back to the doctors for a 4th time as my arms were both swelling, she said she had no idea what was causing the rash, but she suspected an allergic reaction.

A 5 day course of steroids and i'm finally on the mend. No idea what it was but i'm glad to be getting my skin back. Still have dark patches of skin, and some nasty scars from scratching.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular