BFP .............. 4 WKS AN 6 DAYS ...........SMOKERS ??

Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:41 pm 
Post subject: BFP .............. 4 WKS AN 6 DAYS ...........SMOKERS ??
Hi all gt my BFP on saturday and I am over the moon after 14months of trying. Problem is I am a smoker. Anyone else out there pregnant and a smoker........how are u all getting on, any tips for cutting down ? I was a 20 a day smoker and since i found out I have dropped to 5 or 6 a day, I know I need to quit full time , HELP PLEASE !! Very Happy
busymummy2
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:32 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun i smoked while i was pregnant i was the same 20 a day but then cut back to about 7 a day i had help from the nhs but it didnt really help me i just found cutting back was much easier and all my babies was a healthy weight
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:11 am 
Post subject:
I'd try and get family support with it, it's not just a matter of the baby's weight but other longer term health issues as well so even cutting down is a start.
A lot of women find that around weeks 5-7 when they start to feel nauseous they go off smoking anyway , I know even when I did smoke I couldn't in early pregnancy so I just used that opportunity to quit completely for the rest of the pregnancy, having your partner stop as well really helps and asking anyone else who smokes not to do it around you and not to offer you cigarettes etc.
Sounds cheesy I know but a reminder of why you're stopping can help too, a scan photo is ideal but even a cute baby pic can help just as something to look at when you get those cravings, you wouldn't smoke holding a newborn baby because you can see them and they're more 'real' if you like, so having a baby/scan pic can help make your baby more real in the weeks before you start to feel them move because before then it can be harder to feel like there's a real little person in there.
Having a baby fund money box for the money you would have spent on smoking can help as well Smile
Other times when I tried to stop when not pregnant I did it by cutting down and distraction, because I couldn't just quit, if I got a craving I'd tell myself I'll just do this first and then do anything I could think of rather than smoke and 9 times out of 10 an hour later I'd realise I'd still not had a cigarette, by the time you get down to just a couple a day it's so much easier to stop buying them and go cold turkey.
A lot of it's just habits and association, if you can break those habits then you've got it cracked, Good Luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular