contraction for about 2 hours then gone

famiah
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:43 am 
Post subject: contraction for about 2 hours then gone
Hi ladies,
Im currently 37+1 weeks. For the past couple f of nights i have been getting contractions at about 5 am for 1-2 hours then nothing.
The first night started off with the baby digging in on my right with a lot of constant pain for about 20 mins. When that stopped I started getting contractions every 3-4mins lasting uptp 30secs but they were bearable so k knew it wasnt labour This went on for about an hour. Throughout the day felt odd contractions or BH and a lot of pressure of baby pushing down.

Last night again about 5 am I started getting pains and baby wasnt digging in but this time alot stonger and between 4-5 mins apart and lasting about 30-45secs and I could feel them coming on from my back this went till about 7 am and then stopped like it didnt happen.

I'm so tired from lack of sleep and wondering if its a sign of labour coming soon. I don't know why it stops has anyone had this before. This is my second baby but first time my waters broke before any pains had started so its different this time.
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Hun, I ended up on delivery suit on New Year's Eve for the same thing, was having regular 4-5mins apart contractions that were lasting about 40 seconds from 1am onwards, I rang delivery at 4am because I need to have a c section with this one so was worried I was in labour.
I went in and the contractions were still coming thick & fast however my cervix was still closed, they eventually let me home around 3pm and they had stopped by this point. I was 37+ 2.
I've had nothing really since apart from pains in my groin area but not any regular contractions.
It's difficult to say which way it will go, some go on like this and end up being induced for goin over 2 weeks, for others it can progress into the real thing.
It's awful tho not being able to sleep.
Has your MW checked your cervix at all to see if its dilated/thinned?

There's so much waiting around at this stage isn't there!!!!! Hope it happens for you soon Hun xx

famiah
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:49 pm 
Post subject:
I didnt ring the midwife. I thought id see how I get on. But last night I had nothing. And today nothing either so far apart from the feeling of baby pushing down when I walk. Ive got an appointment with my community midwife on friday so lets see how I get on till then.
This waiting game and false contractions is no fun. Just want it to be over now and meet baby.
Have you had any contractions since?

Jump to:  

Community

Popular