December 2012 Mummies

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies. How are we all? Busy busy? Smile
My tiny tot has got a cold today..oliver started yesterday too so two snotty kiddies Sad
Tillys finding it extreemly hard feeding as she cant breath. She had a bottle of ebm earlier tjat seemed to go down well but at the breast shes just fussing so much Sad
Got the hv coming tomorrow to do her 8wk check and have her weighed. Not had her weighed since I last took her to clinic..ive not been since cos I cba sat waiting all morning just to weigh her. Shes getting heavier so clearly gaining weight Laughing
Olivers being a brilliant brother to her. I thought the novelty would have worn off by now but he does love to show her off to all his friends lol and he's always helping where he can Smile

So hows everyone else? 2mth on are you all getting used to motherhood/mummys of 2+ kids?
Heti hows things going with you hon?
Be great to see all your lo's..next time im on laptop I'll pop a pic up. Very Happy
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:19 am 
Post subject:
Hiya, George and myself are doing well we've just had our six week check up I got weighed and i only put on 1.5 stone with being pregnant with George that's so good for me as I put on 5 stone with Yasmin my first and 3 stone with Harry my second so I am pleased with 1.5 but I do think its gona be hard and a long old time to get it off this time as its third time and all that, muscles must be very relaxed!

Also George has got embilical hernia the doc picked up in this at the check up he said to keep an eye on it has anyone heard of this I'm not even sure what it is does it mean he's in pain? I'm so annoyed that none of the midwives/health vistitors picked up on it he's been weighed several times and checked over yet the doc took 1 look at his belly button and knew he had it, it doesn't give me much confidence in the the hv!

As u might have seen in gen chat iv been silly and had sex using the pull out method! I was so stupid but all is ok as iv just come on my first period after having George so a big sigh of relief there!

Zee- it is hard getting them weighed every wk isn't it with Harry I found the baby groups daunting and didn't like going as they are always so busy and I was just sat there watching everyone with there little groups laughing away. This time I go with a friend that's got a 14 wk old so it's really nice to get out and get him interacting even tho he's asleep most of the time lol. George weighed 10.12 last thurs at 5 wks plus6 days he's following his centille lovely.
U'll have to let us no what Tilly weighs in at when she has her 8wk check.

How do I get a bedtime routine?? This boy loves sleeping in the day and not at night it wouldn't be so bad if I cud nap with him in day but no such luck with two other children. How does everyone settle their lo and do they sleep well at night?

Hope everyone is happy and loving their new little bundles time is going so quick! X

[url=http://lilypie.com]

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone. Hope your all good. Charlene..glad to hear you got your first af. Have you staryed on any contraceptive yet?
Have you sorted a night routine out yet? Tilly's always had one from early on..she just kinda fell into our exsisting routine. She has he bed time bath etc about 7.30pm and sometimes goes to sleep straight after but sometimes she'll just sit all content untill she's tired. Shes very good at self settling.

Ive just been for my post natal check and Matilda's 8wk check. All is good. They hv weighed her last week and she was 11lb 7oz..so she'll probably be going on 12lb now. Shes such a chunker. Dr couldn't believe she is fully bf Shocked lol
Going on the pill for now but thinking about the coil at a later date.

So she's 2mth today ..not sure where the times gone tbh. Can't wait till summer and start going on family outings to the beach and such Smile Oliver loves her and she loves him to bits. Shes always got smiles for him and has just recently started laughing..its so cute. She 'talks' too..always cooing and telling tales. Shes a right comic. Although I live all these new milestones shes reaching im saddened by the fact shes growing up far to quick for my liking Sad
Im finding it hatd getting to baby groups as I onky have a set window in which to do it when Oliver's at preschool and some of them a a fair treck away from his school so need to set off early, seems pointless going then.
Im going to check my local childrens centre and see whats on offer. I still meet up with my old mummy friends from when I had oliver..and some of them have gone on to have 2nd babies too.

Im currently sat watching telly having snuggles with matilda..shes had a jabs today and she was so brave..no tears till after the 2nd jab! Shes flaked out on my lap..I could watch her all day Smile
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
My tiny tot
9wks (tomorrow)

Last edited by Zee81 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
hi all,

How is everyone doing? We are all well now. we had a house full of sickness and diorreah a couple of weeks ago - poor old Poppy couldn't even keep milk down so had to go on water for 24 hours, followed by another cold so is now weighing around 8lb 10oz, aged 12 weeks Smile
She is starting to be more responsive to us and smiling and cooing at us with more meaning now rather than just doing it whenever she sees something different. Nightimes are getting better, managing to do 8 - 9 hours which is great for me! Wink
We had our second set of jabs and her first taste of calpol - she was so grumpy with them, then she woke up the next day back to her usual happy, chilled self, thank goodness. We have her tongue tie appt come through, am going to Notts in April when she will be about 20 weeks.

I had the coil fitted two weeks ago, but am now being monitored as my bloods have gone backwards a bit. My platelets have dropped again and now my white cells have dropped way below normal levels too. Got to have more tests in a few weeks in the hope they have gone up or stabilised, as i can feel really lousy at times still, but otherwise I am back to normal now. Have now also arranged to start my reintegration back to work, starting in March ready for returning properly in May. It has gone so quickly, but I know I need to go back at somepoint as my conversations are becoming somewhat limited to baby talk or TV observations! lol!

Char - my freinds boy had a hernia but I am not sure if was an embilical one. Is that the one that is mostly seen in baby boys? Either way he ended up having his done emergency in the end as it had swollen and moved suddenly, but because they had been keeping an eye on it caused no panic to his parents when he did go in.

xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, how are we all?
MrsOz..i thought they'd try and get poppy's TT done sooner rather than later? Is it effecting her feeding at all?
Life with Tilly's lip tie is so much easier now, especially now she is bigger she's latching loads better and we have no issues at all now. Still bf'ing well so i'm happy Smile

We've got our second lot of jabs next week Sad She did so well with her last lot though. I've got my post natal smear too Boo hiss Sad needs must and all that.

I've just changed my screen name to in-cooperate my littlies too and just to confuse everyone Wink
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
[quote="xZOMx"]Hi everyone, how are we all?
MrsOz..i thought they'd try and get poppy's TT done sooner rather than later? Is it effecting her feeding at all? quote]

Lol, yeah, you'd think so. The HV said that she has heard of slower referrals... but then we are one of the hospitals under investigation!!

Glad Tilly's lipp tie is OK. Poppy can only feed from soft latex teats, not anything else, so feeding is OK cos we have found something that works.

We now weigh a good old 9lb 13 oz!

xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
hows everyone? hope all the babies are well.

Tillys been suffering quite bad with reflux..has scared t have enlife out of me on a few occasions over the hols when she nearly choked Sad
went to the drs yesterday and shes now on infant gaviscon..seeing results already although shes suffering with a cold at the mo too.

mrsoz..is it Poppys TT appointment soon? good luck x
Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, how are we all doing? Been enjoying the sunshine?
How are all your little one? What new things are they up to and are any of you weaning?

Tilly is rolling now, has been a few weeks now and is now sittin independantly Surprised Smile
She loves standing so we've just got her a walker. Oliver pushes her round in it, and she loves it haha..

We've started weaning this past week or so, originally I didnt think she was ready or interested, but then a couple of days later she was Laughing
She hates to be fed, which is fine as I intend to do baby led weaning anyway. She s such an independant lil girl.

Does anyone go to baby groups? There's so many I want to go to but they all interfere with olivers school run etc, so may have to wait till he's in big school in sept. We meet up with friends every week and there's a group at oluvers pre school on fridays so gonna start there after the hols, especially now shes more active and coming out of her shell a bit more.

Hope your all good, it'll be nice to hear all your updates x
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Everyone!

Just thought I would pop in and say hello! How are you all?

Bit of an update with us... I have been back at work for 2 months now and my OH finished work a month ago - it has been the best decision ever! The girls (and I) love it! I was struggling with the driving (I am still not 100% but my bloods are now borderline normal again) so I can now work harder and so am currently in line for another promotion.

Poppy is still small, was 13lb 10oz when we got her weighed at 7 months. Following her percentile (0.4th) steadily. I have learned more about her condition of IUGR and we have already noticed how much more we have to stimulate her to just reach milestones babies 3 months younger than her achieve with ease. She is however very happy in herself and an absolute delight. HV is going to monitor her in case she needs any physio / speech and language (which I don't think she will yet), but because my job is to do with special needs I have used my 'contacts' to have informal chats to make sure we are doing everything right so far / what we can do to help her more.

Feeding is slow. Still on baby rice and some biscuits. We have a few 'games' we play to help loosen her TT usually involving chocolate biscuits she has to try and lick! (Paed felt what we had been doing had loosened slightly it so we will carry on in the hope that she won't need it cutting and it stretches further, although it is our choice).

Evie is flying. I changed her pre-school recently as I felt that she was not doing anything productive with her time compared to the child-minder (difficult since some friends worked there) but she is doing really well now and is now learning to tell the time (which isn't so good when I want her to go to bed early! lol!)

Zee, the only group I went to this time was a special care support group. On reflection I have actually found coming to terms with what happened quite difficult, esp as Poppy now is so small and delayed compared to others, so when I went to regular baby groups I got fed-up of comments. Oddly, work is good for me as so many of many families I support stem from having prem babies (tho none with Poppy's condition) which has been interesting to hear how they coped.

How are you all? Quick updates would be lovely to hear, since I am now restricted on FB (policies at work) so don't hear much any more

xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya all. MrsOz, i'm glad all is going well being back at work and your hubby being at home. How's he finding it? I didn't realise about Poppy..what is IUGR? We miss you on FB but totally understand Smile I used to love seeing all the funny pics your hubby did with the girls Laughing
Great about Evie too, glad she's enjoying her new childminder.

We're all doing good here. Matilda is just learning to crawl. she bum shuffles like a good'un. She's a determined little madam, has a temper like no other and is a wee cheeky girl lol.
Weaning is going great, we do blw so she has normal foods and omg she does love her grub, its been so good for Oliver too as he is trying and eating so much better than before (fussy eater) as he see's his sister trying and eating a huge verity of foods.

He's starting big school in 2wks Crying or Very sad i'm so scared lol, yet he's so looking forward to it and already told me that 'Matilda is not invited' haha Laughing
So this is her, now! 8mth old Smile

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all!
It's very quiet on AB now, but thought I would say a belated Happy New Year!

How are you all? How are all your 1 year olds doing?

We are OK. Poppy is making steady progress, she hardly eats but is happy with herself and very funny - she cruises super fast and will almost runs away if she can see you want to do something that she doesn't want to be part of - like a bum change! Laughing
Zee, IUGR is in uterine growth retardation, which means that she was starved of nutrients in the womb (due to the pre-e / HELLP syndrome, from about 29 weeks gestation in our case), so she will always be small (most girls reach about 4 foot 9 - I am 5 foot 6 so will be shorter), she is still only the 2nd percentile; many have some learning difficulties. Poppy's seems to be language - although she babbles she doesn't know her name yet and will turn to any name or word you say. Her TT we decided not to get cut as up until the appt we managed to encourage her to stretch it, and her two little teeth looks to have cut it looser too, so I am glad. She drinks very little still and can't eat well yet - only puree'd food, but again, quite common with IUGR.

How are everyone else's babies... For those who still drop in on here? And your other children? Evie is 4 in 2 weeks Shocked preschool is going well. She is now on the special needs register as she is number, routine and ritual based and had has support to cope with the day and time changes, as well as going into loud or busy places, like assembly. Hopefully she will get into the school there as I am so pleased with her progress and their attempts to get her more independent but it's not our local Sad .

Work is going well and secured another promotion since returning and have taken on more staff in my team so it's all good fun.

I will try and post a photo if I can remember how to do it

Would be lovely to hear from anyone who ever lurks on here still?

Much love to you all xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
Poppy age 14 months and 16lbs & Evie - aged 4 in 2 weeks

xx

MaisieMoosMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:51 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies its been a long time since I was on..... Iona is 14months old now!, crazy how fast the time has gone! She's a little rogue terrorising her big sister all the time! How r all your babies x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Page 32 of 32

Jump to:  

Community

Popular