Frequent toilet trips

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:16 am 
Post subject: Frequent toilet trips
Sam has been toilet trained since before she was 2, and dry at night for just over 6 months now.

At first she was really good about going to the toilet, but lately she is constantly going. If we go out the house she will scream and cry that she needs the toilet. As soon as I drop her off at nursery she is going to the toilet, then she will insist on going when I pick her up.

The worst is when we are out, if I say there are no toilets, she will hold onto her bits jigging up and down and crying, so I end up looking like a bad mother.

She doesnt even need to go half the time, as she will either do a dribble or none at all. Sometimes I will make her wait and then it can be an hour or more before she needs to go.

She constantly moans that she is sore, which I have told her its because she goes to the toilet too much, and if she keeps doing it she will get ill and end up in hospital.

I really dont know what to do, the worst is when we are out as she will pick the most innapropriate times to have a melt down, like when in a queue in a shop.

StaceyRD
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
How long has this been? Could it be an infection? xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
She has been going more often since she was dry at night, which I thought was because she wasnt going all night.

Iv spoken to her nurser about it and they seem to think she has got into a habit of going at certain times.

StaceyRD
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
Ah bless her. It must be confusing and upsetting for you especially when out and about! Are nursery able to write the times down for you and you monitor if it's the same at home too? I've been to help out at Isabelle's pre-school and both times she got up and asked for the loo right after the register, apparently she's in that habit too but at home doesn't go at that time x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular