Adoption and TTC.

Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:35 pm 
Post subject:
We have had the plan of our introductions and we meet our son for the first time on the 8th of April. If all goes well he will come to live with us on the 17th. The past two days have been very emotional as we are finally almost there. I'm so excited but so nervous all at once. The next few weeks will be full of cleaning, making the house safe and planning for our future as a family Very Happy
louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Wonderful news! So happy for you Very Happy xxx

My Adoption Journal...
http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=115215
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy Very Happy Very happy for you hun... I know your journey from reversal has taken a different turn than you expected, but its obviously meant to be!

Huge Congratulations XXX
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
Matching panel was today. We stayed over Sunday night so we didn't have to drive so early in the morning. It was very daunting and we were both very nervous, but the people on the panel were so lovely and they put our minds at rest. We answered all their questions and they came back with a unanimous yes!!! I cried of course lol So we meet our little boy a week tomorrow and if introductions go well he will be living with us by the 17th of april.

I am over the moon and very tired lol
PENNY76
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:31 am 
Post subject:
That's fab new congratulations
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats on matching panel Very Happy . My top tip for introductions is make sure you get plenty of sleep and perhaps batch cook so you have meals all ready to warm up when each day is done as intros are very draining!

Magical times ahead for you xxxxxxx

My Adoption Journal...
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun Very Happy we have wrote out what we're eating each night and on days when we're back late our daughters said they will take turns at cooking. My eldest has two weeks off college and has insisted that she cleans every day. We are taking vitamins and have this weekend to get the house spotless and order all the shopping.

We are staying in a hotel nearby the night before our interagency meeting and first meeting with our son so we don't have to drive so early and they have booked us a hotel for two of the nights when we leave late and have to be back early.

Loulou I can't thank you enough for your support through my journey, your advice was invaluable and helped me along the way. I hope that one day I can do the same for someone who is about to start this journey.
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:34 am 
Post subject:
Yesterday we met our son for the first time and I have to say I'm in love! He is amazing and he is such a happy little boy. We spent three hours with him yesterday and we are there from 11-3 today. His foster family are lovely and have made us feel at home. The next nine days are going to be exhausting but I'm so happy.
wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
That's amazing news, so happy for you. Look forward to hearing about how you get on in the weeks to come xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
Our daughters met the little man today and it went so well. He played with them and we went to the park. They love him so much. Next week he comes to visit us for three days before coming home for good on thursday. That will be a hard day saying goodbye to his wonderful foster family, but we're staying in touch because we have a lovely bond with them.
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:51 am 
Post subject:
Today is the big day!! We bring our baby boy home and although today will be emotional taking him from his foster family who have been amazing, I am so excited to start our journey with our son. Feel like finally our journey to get our miracle is over and I am so glad it turned out this way.
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hes been home three days and he's such a good boy. He had a grouchy night last night but hes teething. He is so relaxed here and he adores his big sisters so much. Our girls have been amazing, cleaning up, cooking and keeping him entertained while myself and my husband shower and dress. I know there will be sleepless nights but my god is he worth every second.
wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:12 am 
Post subject:
How are your family all getting along? I hope your little fella is settling in nicely and enjoying his new home.
I'm amazed how quickly it all happened for you really, after reading LouLou's epic!
So glad it all worked out so well for you!
xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:25 pm 
Post subject:
Everything is going so well. He's settled really well and he's such a good boy. He's still not sleeping through but he's been poorly so that's understandable. We have our first lac review on Tuesday and every social worker visit we have had has been positive. It feels like hes always been here and everyday is wonderful.

Ive gone back to work now and my first day was hard Sad I miss him so much when I'm at work, but then I get Bath and bedtime when I get home and I only work three days. My husband is now off till january and is loving being a stay at home daddy and I have to say hes doing an amazing job. Our boy is well looked after and the house is clean and tidy.
louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
So, so happy for you all. Very Happy . Before you know it, you'll all be at your celebration day! Enjoy hon!! Xxxxxxxx

My Adoption Journal...
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular