Newly pregnant and dumped!

Mitchy1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:17 pm 
Post subject: Newly pregnant and dumped!
Hi
I'm new to the site so hope I'm doing this right.
I'm 35 and found out I'm 5wks pregnant a week ago. This is my first ever pregnancy.
I've always wanted children, just never found the right man until 7 months ago when I was swept off my feet by what I thought was my knight in shining armour. Because we hit it off so well and intensely, we both agreed that we wanted to try for a child.
I told him the news last week - initially he seemed excited but two days later packed his bags and has left, barely spoken to me since and said he thinks I should have an abortion.
I don't know what to think, feel or do. Feel like my world has crashed around me. I Keep crying and now i dont know whether i should Keep the baby or abort? Will this be my first and last chance to conceive and will regret my decision forever?!
Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly received xx
ClairaBell
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:49 am 
Post subject:
Hi Mitchy, welcome to AskBaby . I hope we can be of help to you.

I am so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time.

My advice will probably be biased due to my situation. I would give anything to have a baby after having lost one. However, the decision is entirely yours. You need to be 100% certain you are making the right decision, because it is so final. It may be an idea to seek some counselling. I am sure your GP will be able to sort this for you. Also, I know its easier said than done, but try and talk to the father a little more. Find out why he feels so strong about not having this child. He may be scared.

I really hope you can resolve this.

Claire x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular