Advice needed

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:24 am 
Post subject: Advice needed
Hi Girls,

I wasnt sure where to post this but here goes, ok since we did our first IVF treatment in Feb/March, which did fail.
I have not been able to stop putting weight on Sad
We went away for 2 weeks but I didnt put anything on (gym every other day) while away I put nearly a stone on whilst doing IVF Crying or Very sad
I have for the last month been soooooo good with my diet and really tried hard and once I put my mind to it I do it, I am not a secret eater Laughing I have been to the gym 3-4 times a week and worked really hard - running at least 4-5km a time and nearly killing myself with the cross trainer and the weights etc

Anyway I am so depressed with it that I have booked an appointment with the docs tonight I dont want him to think I am neurotic Embarassed Laughing but I cant go on like this, I just cant seem to get anything off in anything I am putting it on, I know my body and I know that something hasnt just seemed right since the IVF (physically not mentally)

I am going to ask for some bloods to be done as I am wondering if IVF has knocked something out?
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could as to be tested for?
I was thinking thyroid maybe? could IVF have acffected this?

I spoke to the IVF nurse last week and I think she thought I needed help as offered me councelling but its not that I dont feel down about that I generally feel knackered all the time, putting weight on and also weirdly really puffy hands and pins and needles on and off in them and my engagement ring is so tight and really puffy and eyes.. I started with really puffy eyes on holiday they where so sore I had to get drops and cream they seem a bit better than then put still really sore and puffy

I am drinking plenty of water a day so much that I am getting sick of it Laughing

Any advise would be rally appreciated thanks xxx
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:04 pm 
Post subject:
I don't know hun sorry. I would def. request thyroid test, be it related to the IVF or not. Weights and x-trainer might be putting muscle on you,but that wouldn't explain the puffiness. I hope you get it sorted. xx
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hello sweetheart. So sorry your going through this.

I think you def need a full blood count and thyroid check.

I have started 'eating clean' and now follow a primal living pattern. Since hitting thirty I just can't lose weight on low fat diets. I rejoined weight watchers and put wrought on every week. ... jade you thought you might have developed a food intolerance since ivf? You might be more sensitive to certain foods now with all the hormones

good luck hon. Dont worry about your weight. Try to get back to feeling yourself and the weight will fall off
xx.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls well I have been the docs and he has asked me to have all bloods done to check everything, just more for peace of mind as I don't want to have to go to start again prepare mentally and then something be wrong so I go Fri morn and getting thyroid and all the others done, once the results are in will see the doc to go over, might be nothing but at least I will know and can be happy to just keep at it!
I have stopped weight watchers and am doing calorie counting With my fitness pal for a change weigh in tomorrow or wed so will see how it's going then

Thanks for the replies xxx
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hope they all come back normal and you can get your next cycle started soon xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular