Is it acceptable to take my baby to work with me?

As a self employed cleaner, do you think it is acceptable that my sons come to work with me instead of nursery?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5
Michellewilliams87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:01 pm 
Post subject: Is it acceptable to take my baby to work with me?
Hi, I am a self employed cleaner and I have a one year old baby boy. Before my son was born I had planned to send him to nursery from 4 months old so I could carry out running my cleaning business. I looked around quite a few nurseries but just didn't feel that any of them could provide the same "love/ care/ attentiveness" that I could provide my son. So now 1 year on- I still take my son to work with me when I am doing domestic cleaning. However, this means that he has to have his naps in his car seat whilst I'm working and travelling around a bit in the car. The main bonus to this is that my son is always with me and we a relaxed morning schedule where we don't have to rush to get to nursery. My work schedule is not set as sometimes I get extra jobs. Do you other mums think this is a good idea that my son is always with me during the day or do you disagree with this?
lysianassa
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:43 am 
Post subject:
As a mum with her own business I don't recommend it. You need to be able to concentrate on your work and you cannot do that with a baby around you 24/7. If you don't like nurseries in your area why not look for a childminder or even a nanny?

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:17 pm 
Post subject:
I work from home so my kids are always with me. I plan to home educate also so they will be with me all the time. It's possible but it's hard work. Having said that though I don't need to go anywhere and I mainly work when the kids are in bed.

KellyB87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:22 am 
Post subject:
Hi there, I think no matter what everyone says you need to try for yourself and see how you like it and your baby feels. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular