all day sickness

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:27 am 
Post subject: all day sickness
Hi, just wondered if anyone could give me some advice or hope!

I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my second baby following ivf. I never thought I'd have another one and feel so lucky to be pregnant which just makes me feel even more guilty for feeling so miserable and down.

I've been being sick once almost every day for a week and a half now and feeling really sick all day every day. Nothing relieves it. I'm trying to eat little and often and only things I fancy, but I don't fancy anything. All I'm eating is bread, crisps and biscuits really, maybe some chips or potato for dinner but I can't eat much at a time. I feel weak, tired and really down. Now to top it all off, since Sunday my stomach is really playing up, got horrible wind, feel like I've got diarrhoea but struggle to go.

My son is 3 and I feel so guilty that I have no energy to do anything with him, also for my husband coming home to chaos every evening and having to do all the housework and shopping.

I was sick when I was pregnant with my son but not this bad. It went away at 10 weeks last time so I know there is light at the end of the tunnel, just at themoment feels like I'm never going to feel normal ever again!

Sorry for the long, moany post. I think also coming on the back of doing ivf when you feel pretty rubbish too, it feels like I haven't felt well for 2 whole months now.

Can anyone share some words of wisdom? Please??
shelleyf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
No helpful tips just to say I felt sick everyday from when I got up until I went to bed and it is so draining and hard to have a normal day but just focus on the 12 week point everything gets so much better from there - until 3rd trimester uncomfortableness etc!!! Your husband loves you and your baby he'll understand that for a very short time you will not be super wife and your other child will too in the grand scheme of things this is such a short time when house, husband and child will not have your full attention. You need to look after yourself now.
I don't have any miracle cures or tips for sickness I went off everything I just had very limited things I could eat to get me by - dry bread, water with a tiny drop of orange squash and the occasional ginger biscuit!
Hope you feel better soon xxxxxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hey im round 5 weeks preg with my 2nd child now too and as far as i remember i was so sick like you when i was bout 12 weeks and was so hard for me to eat and i couldnt even hold down water it was that bad! every drink, food, smell put me off totally! i was practically bet ridden no energy feeling dizzy etc for bout a week too, felt so bad for not eating much as i ate bout once every 2nd day (small size meal) during that stage and felt so bad for my son that i wasnt giving him much of anything! but he came at 42 weeks and healthy 8 pounder and a little terror now at 2 yrs old Laughing yep, terrible twos are spot on as the saying goes! lol

Hope you feel better but honestly nothing worked for me aswell but only managed to hold down preg vitamins but thats all i could do till it subsided then i was eating like a horse and had a heap of energy, sucks this stage, but will get better Wink Dont feel bad bout your partner either im sure hes more than happy to take care of you and bub and im sure he dont want you puking in shopping isles Laughing As for your child, just tell him that mummy is really sick but will be better soon and you can take him to a playground or go do something he will enjoy when your better. Something along them lines lol bloody terrible feeling tho aint it! made me feel useless to my partner but he understood and helped me along the way Smile Hold your head up high and its hard work growing a baby inside of you so noone can expect you to be ship shape! x x x

AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you both for replying. I felt quite down this morning, but seeing things a bit more clearly now.
As selfish as it sounds it is good to know that others go through the same and come out the other side!

I wonder whether anxiety has a part to play in it too, being an ivf baby I'm still amazed I'm actually pregnant and so afraid something will go wrong.

I guess I'll just have to take each day as it comes and keep my eye on the prize!!
XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:35 am 
Post subject:
I have anxiety too and its not a fun game is it. The docs wanted to put me on meds like sleeping tabs/valium and i said no (this was about 3mnths b4 i got preggas) cause i didnt wanna be out of it lol but i have learnt to deal with it the easy way and trust me ive been to hell and back and was rly reccommended to take it but its worse i think, so if you have anything to talk about i am just an email away Wink Smile always good to know others are goign thru the same and it will eventually end but some take longer, some dont get it as bad but yeah is nice to know that your not alone..

Dont blame you for beingn afraid but you got to think its the best thing that your preggas now and it was successful and you cant let any bad thoughts come in your mind as hard it is lol ive had a miscarrage at 12 weeks before my son but ive got to think of good things and stay strong cause worrying my ass off etc wont do any good for anyone Smile dont worry we all got sticky beans!! Wink Laughing and yes i now take each day as they come too, good perspective! x x x

AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Thank you. Sorry to hear you've been through such a hard time. X
XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:05 am 
Post subject:
All good, it happens lol im blocking out everything bad and thinking i have a beautiful son, baby on the way and a partner i dearly adore Wink Let us know how you travel!! x x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
peppermint helped my nausea. Bendicks bittermints - naughty but nice. One of those would settle it right down! xxx
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
Oh fc I can totally sympathise. During my first pregnancy I was sick day and night from about 6 weeks up until the day my son was born at 39 weeks!! Not quite what you wanted to hear but although the sickness and nausea never went it did get less after about 5 months. I pretty much lived on rice cakes and mini cheddars, both of which I can't stand now!! I was just eating so I could be sick not on an empty stomach.

Hopefully you won't be like this and it'll pass in the next few weeks. I was much better in my second pregnancy and was only sick from time to time and not too nauseous either.

Good luck for your scan. xx

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks kaz, I'll give them a go!

Ally, you poor thing having it all the way through! Don't know how you coped with that! You did tho, so I can certainly manage mine!

It made it all worthwhile today as I had my 8 week scan at the clinic and the baby was perfect! Saw the little heart beating away.

I spoke to the doctor about the sickness and she said just to eat whatever I feel like whenever and not worry about being healthy. She's not worried yet about my weight loss (I was concerned as I have quite low bmi anyway) she said just to keep an eye on it and go to gp if the sickness gets any worse and I lose 10% of my body weight.

So, I snacked on crisps and maltesers this evening! Almost got sick when brushing my teeth which is often what sets it off, but I managed to hold it back!

Thank you all for the supportive posts!
Hana22
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:38 am 
Post subject:
Hiya
Glad to hear ur scan went well.
I really feel for you with the all day sickness im 18 weeks along and still get it now. Thankfully its just mornings for me mostly now but in early stages it was terrible , sick 2-3 times and felt it all day couldnt eat anything at all and spent most days in bed because i felt so tired and ill.
I had it with my daughter too sick right upto the day she was born Sad
But good thing i kept in my head is everyone saying that its a really good sign of a healthy baby. Nothing at all eases my sickness i just know i have to be sick to feel better.

Hopefuly it will subside for you very soon. Just eat what u can , as long as u take ur vitamins you will be fine. I survived on crisps for the first 10 weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular