WHEN 2 START............

MummytoDevinnkelsi
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:37 am 
Post subject: WHEN 2 START............
POTTY TRAINING...........wen do u think is the best time 2 start potty training ur kids?
I have a little boy who has just turned 1 on friday and was thinking about trying 2 put him on a potty 2 c wat he does.Maybe this is 2 early i dnt know.
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:41 am 
Post subject:
i tried with my daughter wen she was 1 tried this weekend 2 and she pooed on the floor so dunno wen shes gonna be ready.

Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:45 am 
Post subject:
It may be a tad too early, but you could give it a try. If you look for the signs they will tell you themselves. I always took jessica loo with me and had a potty lying around so when she was ready she did it herself. Smile
caz24
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
sounds a bit early but give it a try if you want. Robyn 17 months knows what the potty is for but wont use it. She keeps going on the floor!!
1lbkb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:44 pm 
Post subject:
Do you have any idea of times when he may go, my son always as a baby used to wee as soon as he sat in the bath, so my mum advised me to sit him on a potty from a very early age I think he was only 6 months, just before he went in the bath and only for like a minute.

It was a while before I got any results, but when I did, I made such a thing about it that he did it regularly after that.

Gradually I upped the anti and by the time he was walking I let him toddle round with nothing on in the house, and encouraged him to sit on the potty every hour with a toy for 5 minutes.

I did mix him up tho, as I didn't set myself a time schedule so didn't stick it constantly, but he knew what a potty was and that was god enough for me.

He was dry through the day by 19 months, and through the night before he was 2, and only ever had 3 wet beds, so it can be done early, only thing is that it takes a lot of perseverance, whereas when my friend trained her child it took less than 2 weeks as she was almost 3 years.

I am very proud that he was out of nappies young, both on his part and my part, and its a heck of a lot cheaper too!

Also only do it if he can indicate that he needs the loo, Kyle could say pee pee from about 10 months and that def helps.

So its really up to you. Good luck if you do do it this early- its hard work.
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:58 am 
Post subject:
hey caz24 my daughter is 22 months and she knows what the potty is and will sit on it but will not use t and she goes on the floor too.

1lbkb - u and ur little boy did great really hope louise starts using her potty soon.

Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi my daughter is 11months old and I started sitting her on the potty not long after she started sitting up. The reason I started doing this is because my mum did the same with me when I was 6/7months old and I was potty trained from an early age.

I would sit my lil girl on the potty first thing in the morning, as this is when she would go. During the day I then started noticing that she would go to a particular corner in the living room if she needed a poo!! I got to realise this and started putting her on the potty before she did anything.

Now she will do I rasbperry & a hand sign to let me know when she needs a poo! She's only done a few wees in her potty, but she seems quite happy to do her business on her lil potty and it's most probably feels more comfortable for her too rather than having poo squashed in her nappy.

Goodluck worth trying but not forcing, if a child doesn't want to sit down on potty don't force them, but try again the next day or few days later. Let them play with a favorite toy/book. If your lil one does do anything on the potty make a song and dance about it and show them what they've done! I know it seems YUK, but my lil girl always has a look at what shes achieved. Very Happy
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:13 am 
Post subject:
hey thats brilliant that ur little girl is going on the potty.

i try louise every week and she will sit on potty but never dus anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular