Potty training 2 year old

IndoorPuddles
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:14 pm 
Post subject: Potty training 2 year old
I started potty training my 2yr 2mth old easter weekend, the first few days there were quite a few accidents as expected but he soon got to grips with it and did really well the following week prob no more than 2 accidents over 7 days. However the past week or so he has had at least one accident a day, I have tried reminding him in the morning that he hasn't got a nappy and to tell me and I ask him if he needs to go during the day but he just either ignores me or says no and runs off or throws a paddy or switches between toilet and potty then won't go if I try to sit him. I have got frustrated with him and told him its naughty I don't want to start down that road but am really stuck with where to go next.
Is it normal and is it just me expecting too much too soon (3 weeks) and do sticker charts actually work?
andrea28
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
3wks is bit soon for them to master it really. just give loads of praise which will in turn encouage him more because it makes mummy really happy went i do this... every child wants that. it could take up to 6months before fully toilet trained depends on child.
dont worry one day at time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular