whopping cough scared mother

melissa1978
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:11 pm 
Post subject: whopping cough scared mother
[c Question i have an 8 week old baby with whopping cough she has stopped breathing 4 times and has had a 5 day course of antibiotics but is still having spasims where she will go rigid and blue and holds her breath does anyone know if this is normal and does whopping cough last 100 days?olor=violet][/color]
alm
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, its obviously a couple of minths now since you posted this so hopefully your little one is making a recovery. Just to let you now my baby contracted whooping cough around 8 weeks of age. This was the middle of July. When the said 100 day cough they wern't kidding, in fact he is still coughing now but not often and not badly. He has had a flare up of it though after getting a cold. This apparently can happen for up to a year but does not mean they are getting whooping cough again and was nowhere near as bad as the orginal cough. Do you know where your daughter caught it from? My husband got it and then passed it to my son. Unfortuantly despite around 10 doctors appiontments between them, noone diagnosed it until little one was admitted to hospital after he started to go blue. Just wondered how you got on. Anyway hoping things are a lot better now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular