Tilted womb or PID???? Poss TMI

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:46 pm 
Post subject: Tilted womb or PID???? Poss TMI
Hi All,

I am TTC and I was told a few years back that I have a tilted womb. The doc mentioned that I may have difficulty in conceiving, but after reading up on this my symptoms sound more like PID!!!! When we BD I sometimes get a pain like a sharp dull ache especially if its a position where you experience deep BD (told you there may be TMI!!!) I'm worried that I have PID as I also have frequent pelvic pain which the docs said is my IBS (but I know my body and it feels different). Can anyone help, or share their experiences?
Jude1969
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi poppytops. I have a tilted womb and never had trouble conceiving in the past.

helen73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:24 am 
Post subject:
Hey poppy, i have suffered with pain during bd for a few years now, and put it down to my colitis when i was diagnosed last year....when had my ultrasound few weeks back, discovered I have tilted uterus too which doc reckons is probably more likely the cause. I haven't been told it'll affect anything, but do know it can be natural or caused by endometriosis.....it its endo, then that can be the reason we've not conceived yet, not the actual tilted uterus.

Do know its a lot more common than i realised, am sure Obe found out she had one then got her BFP a few weeks later.......fingers crossed for you hun xxxx
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your replys Jude and Helen, its good to know someones had their BFP who is suffering from endo. Jude, have you been tested for endo? Unfortunately I started to have a bleed this afternoon, so I think its not going to happen this month, although AF isnt due until next Saturday., but I;m wishing you every success with yours Smile fingers crossed xxx
hopingforamiracle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi Poppytops

I was diagnosed with PID in 1992. Apparently I got the infection due to having the coil. I found out because I was rushed to hospital after collapsing in agony, the pain was unbearable, my temperature was so high I was experiencing convulsions. I was told that I may become infertile depending on how advanced the infection had become. I was very lucky it was caught before it had done any major damage and I conceived naturally 5 months later.

If you suspect you have PID please get it checked out as soon as you can. I hope everything works out for you.

Lisa
xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular