Late with negative tests, no ovulation?

Rubycherry
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:13 am 
Post subject: Late with negative tests, no ovulation?
Hi. We have been trying for a baby for about 6 months now. My cycle is 29 days every month, pretty much spot on every month. My period is now 3 days late and I have no signs of it coming on, no pains, no sore breasts as I would usually have. I guess that also means I have no pregnancy symptoms either. I did a test this morning which was negative, but it was a cheap test admittedly. My main query is though that as far as I can tell I didnt ovulate last month. Well, I didnt have any LH surge on my ovulation tests, my basal temperature didnt change much and usually I can feel ovulation with twinges in either side of my abdomen. This didnt happen this month, or if it did I didnt catch it. I had a slight twinge over a week later, but still no temperature change.

If I didnt ovulate does this mean I wouldnt have a period? Does anyone know why I wouldnt have ovulated when ususally I am so regular? Im really hoping that I just missed it and I am pregnant, it just hasnt shown up yet. Has anyone else been through anything like this? If so what was the outcome?
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:44 am 
Post subject:
hey Ruby

its normal to not ovulate occasionally, so if that's the case, don't worry. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't affect your period though. Hopefully its all because ur pregnant!

If I were you I'd wait a couple more days then re-test with a different brand to your first try, and if nothing changes see the doctor for a blood test.

Let us know how you get on!

Anna
Rubycherry
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your help Anna Smile Unfortunately I have now just got my period, so i must have just ovulated late. Ah well, here's to another month of trying!
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
Sad

ah well - at least trying is fun!!

I looked into the ovulating thing again, and apparently it's worth checking frequency of non-ovulation months, since if it's every second month you could have a problem with one ovary. Doesn't sound like its the situation your in from what u said, but just thought I'd mention it.

How are you doing mentally? 6 months starts getting hard from what I remember. me and hubby tried for 14 months before I eventually got pregnant - keep your chin up Very Happy It'll happen eventually.

Anna
Rubycherry
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:02 pm 
Post subject:
I had been getting really down about not being pregnant, certainly at 5 months, then I completely chilled out and made a valiant effort not to think about it all of the time, then this happens! I really tried not to get my hopes up but the longer it went on the more excited I got, so now I do feel pretty disappointed.

Im hoping now that this month was just a one off and I go back to my regular cycle after this, otherwise Ill go crazy wondering whether I am or not every month.

The one good thing about getting my period is that now I can get very drunk at a party Im going to on Saturday! Laughing
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
Rubycherry wrote:

The one good thing about getting my period is that now I can get very drunk at a party Im going to on Saturday! Laughing

hehe - that IS a bonus Very Happy

sounds like you have the best possible attitude - remember there's loads of us here who have either been through it or are going through it with you, so when you do get down come share - even if you don't get a thousand replies, you can guarantee loads of people are reading and sympathising.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular