Help Needed

Hunty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:23 pm 
Post subject: Help Needed
Hey everyone,

I've been dating my girlfriend for the past two years, we meet over the internet and she lives in the USA and i'm from England. We had some problems earlier this year, and went our separate ways, only after this fact does she tell me that she was pregnant, and she lost the baby in March, after me visiting her in the September. She has now fell pregnant again, but I am very confused.

When we broke up she sent over her sonograms, these looked as if they were all taken on different cameras, do American hospitals always use the same camera and does the picture look the same? I am asking this question as I have two more sonograms from this pregnancy and they are both different.

Also in my excitment I have been searching round websites and some of what she says seems out with what the sites are saying. Now please don't get me wrong there is nothing I would love more than to have a baby with the woman I love and spend our lives together. But my girlfriend is ill so I also worry about her general wellbeing. Would you hear a heartbeat after three weeks? and after five would you be able to see on a sonogram where the head and the body is?

Thankyou for you help, and to anyone expecting I hope you and your new baby are both healthy and happy.
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:01 am 
Post subject:
Hi there

no - 3 weeks is too early for a heartbest (unless the date weeks are different in USA). Also 5 weeks is definitely too early to see head/body etc.

My 6 week scan shows what the sonographer called a 'responsive cellset'. It looks like a tiny stick with a balloon stuck to the side. At the live scan I could see the middle section of the stick beating (the whole mid section is effectively a heart), so she may be referring to that.

Bear in mind that in the UK we date everything from the first day of the woman's last period - so my 6 week scan is in fact 4 weeks after fertilisation (roughly).

Bear in mind that in America there's no NHS standard care, so she may be going to different doctors for scans and tehrefore different machines - its a possibility!!

Hope you work everything out Very Happy
tbell
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:00 pm 
Post subject: Hello
I sorry to say i think she i taking you for a ride.

I am from England and my bofriend is from America we also met on the internet. I am 12 weeks now and we heard our babys heatbeat for the first time last week. They told us not to get our hopes up as it could still be too early to hear the heartbeat(we were lucky, we heard it) so theres no way she heard the heart beat at 3 weeks also my "1ST" ultrasound is in December i will be just over 14 weeks when i go, 5 weeks is way too early to even see the baby on am ultrasound its about the size of a walnut if not smaller!!!!

I have been over here for about a year now and i picked up some info on the American healthcare yes she could have seen two different doctors but its unlikely. There is a visa weiver program you can come out on which means you can come out here visa free for 3 monthes MAX which you could do so you can talk and go to a doctor with her so you can get your answers.

Im sorry to say and i think any other mom-to -be would say the same she lying to you.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
Im sorry i have to agree with TBell, i think she lying to you.

Im only 6 weeks pregnant but im sure that i wont hear the heartbeat until at least 3 months.

I wouldnt trust her if i were you, sorry mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular