Pain!

Linz88
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:00 pm 
Post subject: Pain!
I am 14 weeks pregnant, I seem to have this week developed a pain on my right side of my abdoman, its not a pain that hurts its more like a aching pain I am bit worried, anyone can help with this? x

Linz
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Hi Linz

if its very bad, check with your midwife - but a one sided pain sounds like normal growing pains to me. There's a lot of them on the first half of pregnancy. Then there's some more in the second half Wink

As a general rule, if you're not bleeding, don't worry too much - but ofc if the pain persists see your midwife or GP as soon as poss.

Hope that helps

Anna
Linz88
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:21 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the advice Anna,

Went to see the midwife yesterday and she said its just growing pains nothing to worry about.

Linz x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:29 am 
Post subject:
no probs - glad to hear it all went OK with the midwife Very Happy

how are u doing otherwise? much sickness etc? any inkling of what sex the baby is? Very Happy
Linz88
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:39 am 
Post subject:
Things have been a bit up and down, I had a cervical erosion which was treated about 2 years ago (but now not treated very well), but obvioulsy being pregnant has caused it to come back due to the hormones. So I have suffered some bleeding after sex (sorry to go in to detail). That was my main reason for the visit to the midwife yesterday. She found the baby's heartbeat straight away which is good and reassuring. The midwife said the erosion is just one of the things that can happen when pregnant, I should not worry cause its one of those things but its just scary obvioulsy when you bleed. I have had no pain just aches and I am feeling fine in myself. Hopefully all will go well. I go back to the midwife in 2 weeks so another chance to hear my baby's heartbeat.

I find out the sex on 21st December, I may have to have a scan sooner as the person who done my scan did not fill in my records properly, but she said that this was probably cause everything was normal. x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:41 am 
Post subject:
ooo exciting Christmas prezzie knowing the sex of ur baby Very Happy

bet u spend Christmas day coming up with names. My first is due 6th Dec so I'll be spending Christmas Day with a new baby for the first time Very Happy

One piece of advice for pregnancy - don't be a hero. Seriously take it easy, rest as much as you can, sleep when you need to, and don't be afraid to say no to things that people think you 'should' be OK to do - especially with your existing erosion problem. Looking back, people really don't seem to change their expectations of your capabilities when pregnant - and to be honest, I didn't really change my own which is silly - when they should. You will get tired, emotional, sometimes even a bit irrational - and definitely distracted throughout. Accept it and enjoy it is the best advice I can give. If you fight against the changes or don't accept that they are happening, you will make the whole experience more difficult and less fun. I'm currently living to regret one of my own early decisions of 'oh I'll be fine, will keep working right up til the end!' - I'm currently at work, knackered from little sleep, unmotivated to do any work other than read about babies, very painful back, and just counting the days until my leave starts!! Ah well - I'll know next time Wink
Nov
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:22 pm 
Post subject: pain
I am 26 weeks pregnant is is experiencing back pain along with heavy pressure in my vigina. sometimes the pain moves towards my bottom. No spotting or mucus. I also have problems with vein on my leg all the way to my vigina. sometimes it really hurts. Anyone experiencing this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular