Ovulation confusion

kiz8888
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:46 pm 
Post subject: Ovulation confusion
Hi, This is my first post here, i am just looking for some advice really. This is my 3rd month ttc after being on the pill for over 10years!!. For the first 2 months I didn't use an ovulation kit but after hearing so much about them I have been using the clearblue digital one this cycle. I worked out that going by a 27 day cycle I should start testing on the 10th Nov which I have been doing but so far no smiley face. According to the instructions I should be ovulating today. I'm just scared that my body has stopped ovulating as a result of being on the pill for so long and if so would I be better going to my gp now rather than leaving it months just to be told i'm not ovulating.

Hope that makes sense. Also dooes anyone know when the best time to use the test is? The instructions say first thing in the morning but then i read somewhere that you shouldn't do that incase you miss the surge!! Crying or Very sad
ja43118
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi - I started using the Digital Ovulation Test this month for the first time and am a bit impatient so I used it firstly on the 5th day and on 6th showed my surge and on 7th - did again on 8th and showed nothing - so I am not 100% sure whether 10th is too late - it appeared to be for me. I have had Implanon in for 5 1/2 yrs so just getting back to normal also. Good luck Wink
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kiz

I was similar - 13 years on the pill then ttc. Stick with the ovulation kits for at least 3 months first - its normal to miss ovulation on the occasional month. If you're worried, start earlier just to make sure - plus you're supposed to test at the same time each day so try to stick with that if possible.

That said, I did need a kick start after so long on the pill, as I wasn't ovulating at all - and yes I'd advise see a doc sooner not later if you suspect that might be the same for you. Mine wouldn't do anything about a referral until I'd tested for 3 months properly though. Stick with it 2 more months, if nothing see your doc and ask for a referral to your local fertility clinic - once I got an appointment with the consultant there, he prescribled Clomid and that sorted me out Very Happy Now expecting baby in a couple of weeks!!.

Hope it works out for you - let us know how u get on

Anna
kiz8888
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:11 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for your advice. Can I ask how they can tell if you're not ovulating? Do they go by what you say or do they do a blood test or anything? Reason I ask is I have the fortune/misfortune of being a nurse in a gynaecology ward therefore would prob be referred to the fertility clinic in the hospital I work in so just wondered what they'd have to do to me to find out. I don't really want to mention it to anyone in work yet as i'd rather noone knew anything just yet. Embarassed
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:25 am 
Post subject:
they just went by what I said. I'd been doing those ovulation tests very carefully for over 8 months by the time I saw the consultant, so I was pretty certain anyway.

The other reason I was given Clomid was because my cycle was short (24 days usually) which it seems can also have an impact on ovulation. If your cycle is a normal length, you may find everything is hunky dory anyway.

Hope it goes OK

Anna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular