Endometriosis?

xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:39 pm 
Post subject: Endometriosis?
Tried putting this post in the your life section but I don't think people looked at it!
Thought here would be a good place although I am not trying for a baby I see some of you guys have experience with and hoped someone could give me advice

Has anyone ever suffered with this disorder?
I have a feeling I've got it!
For years I've had painful periods like crippling pain where the day I come on I have to go to bed cause it hurts so much and I end up spewing with the pain.
My periods are also very heavy
I have also had crippling stomach pains when I am not on twice I have ended up hospitalised with these pains, and they have been unable to work out what is wrong I've even nearly had my appendix out because thats all they could come up with!
On one of my hospital visits I have been told I had a cyst on my ovary but I when I went back to get it re-scanned three months later it had gone and they told me it was on the left side and the pain was on the right!
I've been told I have a grumbling appendix, IBS, or cysts but none of these diagnoses seem right always dont seem to have quite the right symptoms or enough of the symptoms!
I also have pain when having sex in certain positions cramp like pains which feel like af pains but not at the right time of the month
And also stomach upsets which are very painful episodes of diarreah (tmi sorry!)
Anyone got any ideas?
HELP!
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, sorry to hear about your pain! Have you looked into other possibilities? I think you should talk to your doctor and ask him/her what could be causing such pain and tell him/her about what you think it may be. Don't leave it for later as it will be too late.
Tigger83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
I have endo so can sympathise greatly with how you are feeling. Unfortunately, there are great issues with getting a proper diagnosis of having endo...the current average time is 9 years!!!! Dont worry though, I was only 9 months (although that was by going private). If you look towards the beginning of this part of the forum, you will see a post from me about endo.
Your symptoms do sound very much like it could be endo, but there are also many other things, like those you have been given that could be causing your issues....hence the length of time it takes for diagnosis!
Feel free to pm me anytime if you want to chat more.
Txx
Blueberry
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
I too have Endo & am now 12 weeks pregnant. I was lucky, I was diagnosed fairly quickly, my doc sent me to see a Consultant at the local hosp, I had a laparoscopy fairly soon afterwards & was confirmed as having Endo straight away. I've had a few ops since but still have it. I'm hoping to goes away now I'm pregnant Question
I hope you find out quickly what is wrong...

Blueberry xx Very Happy
xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:38 pm 
Post subject:
The last AF i had was my first since I had Toby and it wasn't too bad didn't hurt much at all but it was very very heavy but this could be due to my coil being fitted.
Just want to get it sorted if it is cause I would love to have more babies in the future Toby was a complete but very happy accident for me even after all that has happened and I'd love to be able to give my wonderful OH his own baby after taking Toby on as his own.
Just a bit scared it was only when I was reading a magazine article that I realised that it could be that this woman had been through exactly the same as me!
And thinking about it these pains stopped completely while I was pregnant!
So confusing gonna book an appointment with my nice doctor soon and get it sorted
Thank you for your advice
xxx
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
It does sound very much like you have endo. I have had it for 6 years now and It took for years for doctors to find out what was wrong. They to said I had IBS, Cysts and a bad appendix which turned out to be neither. The best thing to do is to get a laparoscopy and this would give you a def answer. The bad news is there is no real cure for it yet prenancy cane get rid of it. If you have any questions please ask xxx
Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:55 am 
Post subject:
Blueberry wrote:
I too have Endo & am now 12 weeks pregnant. I was lucky, I was diagnosed fairly quickly, my doc sent me to see a Consultant at the local hosp, I had a laparoscopy fairly soon afterwards & was confirmed as having Endo straight away. I've had a few ops since but still have it. I'm hoping to goes away now I'm pregnant Question
I hope you find out quickly what is wrong...

blueberry - i'm having a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy very soon because of premenstrual spotting, irritable bowl and 9 months ttc... doc says endo is a possibility. i was just wondering what you had to do once they confirmed endo? and how soon after your laparoscopy / ops you fell pregnant? i'm really scared about what doc might find, but trying to be positive so i was really glad to read that you got pregnant despite having endo. best of luck with your pregnancy x
YogiesGal
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:22 pm 
Post subject: Hi
I have endo and BOY do I have it lol I went 10 years before they found it and it had gotten to the point were i could not work because of the pain and most months I would end up in the ER with the pain it had gotten to the point where the nurses and doctors knew my name by heart I finally had surgery last month and I am starting fertility drugs this month I was so happy when I had my period this month and i could be normal I went out to dinner with little pain one of the happest days of my life
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular