would it be possible...

vmcg
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:20 pm 
Post subject: would it be possible...
Just wondering if it would be possible to have a page set aside, specifically, for contacts, eg the domestic violence helplines, la leche league, post natal depression support,etc, support groups really. I didn't really start looking around the forums until recently and have noticed how quickly things move from one topic to another. They are such great contact lists and to be able to see them all in one place would be great, like a mini phone book if you like, that way anyone, member or not can access them. Just an idea
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:21 pm 
Post subject:
vcmg

agree with u - i am worried that the links etc will get lost

xx
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
yer thats wud be gd.

xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
Thats a good plan maybe a sticky thread in each forum for that particular problem!
Eg
Your Baby
advice lines like crysis, premature babies etc
Support
advice lines like pnd support groups etc etc

That way there's a quick and easy way to access things like that without having to trawl the internet!
xx
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:33 am 
Post subject:
is a good idea - I'll mention it to hannah, see what she thinks lol - my only slight concern would be keeping it up to date, so maybe web links rather than phone numbers might work better?
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:19 am 
Post subject:
Hi - great suggestion thank you.

We already have this http://www.askbaby.com/sources-of-help.htm on the site which is a starting point but I agree that it would be really useful to incorporate this somehow into the forums.

I think to start off with it might be better to have one point of reference (i.e. a single thread) with the contact details of useful organisations on but as we build up the list I can maybe seperate this to match the 'topics' of each of the forums as you suggest.

We'll try and get something sorted soon.

Han x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Site & Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular