Sorry - Freaking out a wee bit - 2nd post in 1/2 hr

ja43118
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:40 am 
Post subject: Sorry - Freaking out a wee bit - 2nd post in 1/2 hr
We only did a test last night and found out we were pregnant. I have no idea how pregnant I am because it has only been 11 days since end of last period - so slightly confused. But this morning 101 things are running through my head - which is making me a bit crazy. Should I stop drinking tea or switch to Decaf? Should I stop eating chocolate and eat more fruit? Should we stop having sex for the next couple of weeks.

I dont know what has happened in the last 24 hours but I am quite a rational person who doesnt freak out - why am I freaking out now. I cant get my head around that it is actually happening now. I cant talk to anyone because it is far too soon - I dont have any symptoms so not quite believing it either.

And now I am ranting on a website to people who are in exactly the same position as me - and am making you all sound like crazy people too.

OH MY GOD - WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!! Embarassed
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
hehe - you're not crazy Very Happy

here's what I'd do. It sounds like your dates are a bit al over the place, so book an appointment to see your GP asap, and ask for a blood test to confirm yes or no on the pregnancy. If it's a yes you will soon be under midwife and hospital care and your answers will all fall into place.

Don't worry too much about tea - although cutting down on caffeine is a good idea (2-3 cups of tea a day, or 1 coffeshop coffee). I would, however, give up alcohol, smoking and any potentially harmful drugs (have a word with your doc about any prescription drugs and be aware the only painkiller you can have is paracetamol). Start taking folic acid suplements if you aren't already, and take it easy with heavy exercise such as running (don't give up if you feel OK doing it though - its very good for you, just reduce the impact side where possible to reduce strain).

If you have to wait a while for a GP appointment, try another home pregnancy test. They aren't 100%, but a second positive result could be taken as near certain confirmation. Its more often that its negative results that are incorrect, not positive ones. Use a different brand just to be on the safe side.

Hope that helps - chill out, and don't worry!!

Anna
ja43118
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you. The whole thing is just so colossal isnt it. I stopped drinking pretty much after honeymoon in Aug and have been taking folic acid since June.

I have an appointment with GP a week today so hopefully will make a bit more sense of all this.

I used a Clearblue Digital test because my research told me this was the best - going to wait until after the weekend and do another test anyway.

Thanks again - it is just nice to have someone I can speak to - my DH is very excited and supportive but he is a man - and it just isnt the same talking with him.

Laughing
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:26 pm 
Post subject:
hehe thay're all the same Very Happy

clear blue are nice easy tests to use, and seem pretty reliable - also sounds like you're doing everything right, so don't worry at all. I'm sure you'll feel better once you know for sure!

Word of advice for when you do see your doctor though - if you ARE pregnant, make sure you have it clear in your head what happens next before you leave your doctor's appointment. Different areas seem to have very different attitudes about when you start midwife care etc, and its jsut horrible to have left, then 30 mins later think 'what do I do now'? Just make sure its clear who contacts who next, and when you should expect it.

Good luck

Anna
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
Don't panic! I felt really freaked out when I found out I was pregnant, and all my dates were right for it, and we'd been trying, it's all just so 'big' when it actually happens isn't it? It's great having people to chat to on here though isn't it? Men just don't know quite what it's like, although they can be fab, mine has been really sweet since we found out, but still can't really understand how I feel.

Good luck, hope all gets sorted, keep us posted.

LD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular