potty training

pottymadness
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:52 pm 
Post subject: potty training
my 2 year old son was starting to entertain potty training, and had done a couple of poos and was so proud of himself. But after seeing himself peeing he got a real fright and now totally refuses to go on the toilet or potty. He cries everytime we mention the toilet. I have decided to leave it for a while but i am worried that he has been scared off for good.

Hopefully someone can give me a tip as i have no idea what to do.
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:53 am 
Post subject:
Oh bless!
Have you maybe tried taking him into the bathroom when you or your other half go to the toilet to show him that its not scary - you could maybe start by congratulating him on coming near the toilet and then see if he wants to move his potty in there and then eventually build back up to trying on the toilet - making a really big thing of every small step he takes should help build up his confidence.

Hope this helps - let me know how he gets on.

x
pottymadness
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
That sounds a good idea. I have been taking him to the toilet with me but his dad hasnt really done it much, so would be a good idea to maybe have him take him so he knows exactly whats happening.

Will keep you posted, hopefully this will do the trick.

Thanks xx
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:18 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck with it - hope it helps

x
Dannytoast
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:31 am 
Post subject: Potty training - this worked for my ladů
My oldest boy Harry recently learned to use the toilet. my partner and I found a really fun range of products called Toiletstar.com

It's all pretty simple, a fun reward chart and stickers and a lovely story and certificate when he started to get better at it all.

I'd really recommend it - Harry thinks he's Toilet Star now. We'll be using on our new 8 week old boy Robin when he's a bit older. Good luck anyway.

Here's the linků

www.toiletstar.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular