8 week old - how much should I be doing?

RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:46 am 
Post subject: 8 week old - how much should I be doing?
I regularly talk to my 8 week old and let him know what I am doing/where we are going etc., he also has a play mat but does not seem that interested in it or in any colourful teddies/rattles.

How much should I be doing with him to make sure he develops fully? It seems that he recognises my and my husbands voices as he kicks and smiles- but how far can he see?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:24 am 
Post subject:
he is still very young just enjoy him dont stress about his development cos they grow up so quick and u will be thinkin about the time when he was baby?
tame care Very Happy
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:02 pm 
Post subject:
thanks! will do - hard not to stress as a first time mum but getting there Smile
Loobylou
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:21 pm 
Post subject: 8 week old - how much should i be doing
Hi

Im a first time mum too, while i was pregnant i talked to my bump, as soon as my baby was born i talked to her straight away i believe you cannot talk to them enough even though they cant really understand it really helps with hte bonding process and they like it, i always tell my little one what i am doing even if its the most boring thing in the worlld, as for her sight i think its about 12 weeks they start to notice things a really well and clear, i too bought a play gym its only now at 13 weeks that my daughter has taken a real interest in it batting the toys with her fists and really looking at the toys its amazing to see her progress.
Enjoy every moment its amazing xx
kellyinlondon
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
my 11 week old daughter has just started to become more interested in her surroundings. she now loves watching the mobile above her cot and she is starting to discover her voice and making more varied and interesting noises. she also responds to raspberry blowing by poking her own tounge out and when my husband comes in from work she grins from ear to ear at him. At 8 weeks although she was interested in looking at things and would get excited when i shaked rattles at her she wasn't half as interested as she is now so don't worry. It's really hard work trying to keep her entertained every minute she is awake cos she gets angry if she is bored!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular