Porper Introduction

squog1
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:54 pm 
Post subject: Porper Introduction
Sorry all - forgive me for being so rude and not introducing myself before posting on here.

I am newly married, and having been with my husband for just over 2 years now we have decided that we want to start a family. My husband has an 11 year old daughter from his first marriage, but I am a virgin (when it comes to kids, that is)!!!

We came off the pill at the beginning of January, so had my false period. But then my first proper cycle lasted 58 days, and I am currently on the 56th day of the second - somewhat irregular!! We were fairly relaxed about trying for the first 3 months, but now I have resorted to testing with Ovulation strip tests and monitoring my Basal Temperature. My latest Ovulation tests have somewhat confused me - see my first post for details.

Hope to hear from you all soon, and good luck to all those couples trying!

xxx
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
good luck squog, heve you tested yet? 56 days is an awful long time!! how are you feeling? is there any chance you could already be preg? welcome by the way! xxx Very Happy
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,welcome to the forum!

You must be going mad hun,56 days!no wonder you are confused hun!

I haven't been using ovulation kits or doing my temp but If I dont fall this month,then I will be I think.

Good luck with trying hun,look forward to hearing more from you,just join in with any of the posts hun,as you can probably tell,us lot are a bit barking at times! lol

`*****Lots of baby dust for you******~ xxx

Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Squog,
Welcome to the site, I'm trying for my first baby, been married to my husband for almost 3 years, been on the pill for 8 years, came off in end of feb, so been trying really for 2nd month, although didn't really practice too much in March.

I also record my BBT as my periods are also irregular. still waiting to ovulate this month and on day 27, so know how you feel about these long cycles.

Can I ask how old you are?

This forum is very useful and evryone is very supportive and helpful
squog1
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:02 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks, guys! Thanks for all the welcomes!

I know the experts say it can take 6 months to get back into a normal cycle pattern again after being on the pill, but COME ON this is driving me mad! I was so regular before I went onto it as well.
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
I am 30 next month.

Feeling absolutely fine - no symptoms. And because my first cycle was 58 days I am resigning myself to this being a hard slog to get to the final result!
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
That must be even worse hun,I have been quite lucky with my cycles really,so can't imagine how you must be feeling.

If it goes on too long,I would see your dos cos I read somewhere that there is a pill that you can take to speed it along a bit,don't know how true that is though xx

squog1
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, it's very frustrating not really knowing where you are day to day with the cycle.

I want to go to the docs, but I can imagine that they will say about how I just have to wait for my body to adjust after coming off the pill, blah, blah, blah and then telling me I have to ride it out before they will do anything about it.
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
its a nightmare.. i just presumed once i came off the pill, and have unprotected sex it would just happen.. thats how all the teenage pregnancies seem to happen.. but like you I've also decided it may be a hard slog.
squog1
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
I know what you mean about the teenage pregnancies - I can't believe that they get their timings just right!!!

I must admit before I really started getting into finding out all the details about how to conceive, etc I really did not realise the fact that it's just a matter of a handful of days in a year that a women can actually fall pregnant. I thought the stork made daily deliveries - hee hee! And my days are shortened even more at the moment as I have extremely long cycles! Not fair! Sad
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
it is annoying, i was watching sally jessy raphael Embarassed (very old bad t.v talk show) the other day and it was about 12 year olds who were pregnant, coz they wanted 'something to do'!

im sure it will happen soon. x

squog1
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
I know, I have watched those type of shows. The thing is they normally get the kids, and genuiene people who are mature enough to love and bring a child into the world sometimes don't get the opportunity to do so. Very sad!
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, just read your post and thought that sounds so similar to what i'm going through! I came off the pill, after 4 years, in september last year and have since had cycles of 46, 46, 54, 40 and now 33 days.

I thought there was something wrong as I had never had a cycle as long as 54. And then again I was hoping I was pregnant Embarassed . I think it does take time for your body to get back into a regular/normal cycle. I would have come off the pill months earlier if I had known this before! I just assumed I would come off the pill and my body would get back into a normal cycle and I would fall pregnant straight away. It was only after 6 months that my cycle has finally got back to being a bit more regular.....so frustrating it has taken so long!!

I have started recording my temp everyday and find it really useful as I can now see when I was ovulating in my last cycle and this will help to predict when I will ovulate next. I have also bought some ovulation sticks so hopefully between recording my BBT and doing the ovulation sticks, I might be able to work out when is the best time to do the BD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular