How Many Times ....?

Esther2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:42 pm 
Post subject: How Many Times ....?
Hiya ! I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice. I've recently bought and started using a fertility monitor. The advice it gives is to make love when it says my ferltility is high and peaking at ovulation. My question is, is it ok to bd 3 to 6 days in a row or is it best to bd every 2nd day to allow my dh to recover Smile and for his stock to replenish ? Very Happy I really want to maximise my chances of getting pregnant cos I had a miscarriage a couple of months ago and would love to get pregnant as soon as possible. Thanks ladies x
jenniP35
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

My personal opinion is as often as you can but don't save up your oh sperm for the BD. Best to have a fresh supply.

Good luck
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:23 pm 
Post subject:
if uve fell pregnant before hun then i wudn't worry to much, im sure u wont have any problems this time.

try not to worry to much, good luck hun. x

Esther2
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you . It's hard not to get obsessed and over the top intense about getting pregnant again especially when I know I've been pregnant before.
obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
I often worry about this as I've read it best to bd every other day to keep sperm at it's best? Not really sure though.......I'm going to a fertility appointment on Fi so I am going to ask the doc how often is best
Esther2
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck with your appointment obe ! Have you tried using a fertility monitor ? I've read so many positive things about them... x
obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi esther, thanks.......yeh I have considered buying a fertility monitor.....where did you get yours from and are they expensive? I have used ov kits before and they seemed to work for me so think a fertility monitor would be good seeing as though we haven't been successful after 8 months of trying.....don't want to waste my money though x
Esther2
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
It's the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor I bought. Got it in Boots and it was 99. Yes this is expensive but I reckon if you get a little bundle of joy it's well worth the money. I've done alot of reading about it and although success can't be guarranteed obviously, it has a VERY good success rate because it tells you exactly when you are ovulating - takes the guesswork out of it. Statistics are something like 91% of women using it get pregnant within the first 3 months which is pretty brilliant ! Maybe it's something you should seriously consider..? x
obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
Think I might do esther as it so is worth paying 99 for........I just need to wait 6 more days to see if af is on its way (which I think it is as got my usual pms symptoms) and I might then buy one. good luck to you let me know how you get on with it xx
Esther2
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hopefully AF WON'T arrive !! I'd advise you to scan the internet and read up about the monitor before buying just to see for yourself if you think it's for you but I reckon it will give you hope. That's not to say you don't see your doc as well but it's worth a go eh ! Lots of baby dust for us both and I'll let you know how the monitor goes... x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular