in need of advice

Jess77
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:28 pm 
Post subject: in need of advice
Hi everyone

I'm 22 and just found out I'm pregnant last friday. I've no idea how far gone I am and finding it a bit hard to cope. Was sick yestaerday morning and today. I'm really worried about money aswell does anyone know anything about child benefit etc?
I just want some advice really as I'm pretty scared! Also I've had a bit of a sharp pain down the left side of my tummy when I get up from sitting in some positions. Is this normal?

Thanks
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jess

those pains are just normal growing pains. Get yourself to the GP as soon as possible so they can take blood tests and get you set up with midwife care - that way you will get estimated due dates and so on.

Child benefits are pretty small, 18.10 per week for first child. check out http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/cb-key.htm#h for full info.

Your midwife should also be able to refer you to local support groups.

Hope that helps - good luck!!

Anna
laydee
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:40 am 
Post subject: also new mum
i found out i was pregnant 2 weeks ago. terrified i told my parents n family hopin i wud get the help i needed. being 17 they didnt take this 2 well. i think its finally seting in that im pregnant. ive dun a lot of research about evrythin n kno u shudnt worry. ive been putting evry last new feeling in my body down 2 the baby so i dont worry as much. i hope evrythin goes well for u and your baby. take this time 2 suck up as much attention as possible cuz once he/she born evryfin gunna be turned upside down. I CANT WAIT!!! hehe. make it a fun experiance.
laydee_c_
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular