colproscopy - help!

Barbiegirl
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:03 pm 
Post subject: colproscopy - help!
hi - i know there have been a few previous threads on this - but have just found out i have to go for a colproscopy, and i am terrified!!
i was hoping to get away with a camera and dyes, or better still being sent home as they'd made a mistake and there is actually nothing wrong with me but have been told i am having a local anesthetic and they will be using the hot wire to remove my cells - as i'm classed as 'severe'.

i recently came off the depo injection, and was getting all excited about ttc - and then had abnormal smear results come back, and have now been banned from trying until i've had all my tests.

everyone keeps telling me i'll be fine - and i'm sure i will, but its just so undignified - why couldnt they find something on the outside of me!!
but my friend reassured me this is preparing me for losing all dignity during childbirth - so i guess theres an upside after all!!
i know a few of you out there have been through the same - so any advice is greatly appreciated
xx
Doddsy
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
I'm sure what you're having used to be called loop incision, as they run a loop of wire across the cervix and kinda remove the top layer of cells.
It's uncomfortable hun and it gave me af like cramps for a few days but i think that's what really helped me in the end hun xx Good luck xxxx
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I had a loop cone biopsy about 7/8 years ago!

What I can remember it was a bit uncomfortable and I did bleed quite a bit after, also had stomach cramps, it felt as though someone was scratching my stomach from the inside.

Just makesure you take sanitary towels and some painkillers!

Goodluck xx

Oh just to let you know that I have a lil girl who is approaching one!!

I was always concerned that I would have probs conceiving naturally, as I'd read on the internet that it can make the cervix smaller. Also read that when you do conceive that you need stitches to stop baby being born before its time, as apparently your cervix isn't strong!! If you read about this on internet ignore it. The midwife said they carried out several tests and didn't seem to cause probs. Also, I conceived v.quickly and naturally. I also gave birth naturally to a 7lb12oz!

Goodluck again! Hope all goes well! It is sooo important that women get smears regularly. By the way you will have to have smears every 6months for year/two. Then every year!! I HATE EM' But I always makesure I go regular for my smears.
CSM1
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Barbiegirl

Please try not to worry. I was in the same boat as you when I turned 19. I had my first ever smear and they found odd cells and called me high risk! I was terrified but knew it had to be done. The operation (hot wire loop thingy) was over in no time. I was knocked out completely and by the time I came round I had a slight stomach ache for a couple of days. It was a little sore to walk and I had a small amount of bleeding but that was it. Honey afterwards I promise you you will wonder what all the concern was about. It's not half as bad as you think it's gonna be. I know it's undignified but your bits and pieces are probably the millionith they've seen so don't be embarrased! And, it could save your life so is VERY important. You are doing the best thing honey. I'm sending you all the luck and best wishes in the world. I know what you're going through and you'll be fine.

All the very best. Love C
Barbiegirl
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:21 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for all your kind wods of support ladies - have to go to hosp 2 weeks today, so in two weeks tomorrow will (hopefully) be over the worst of it!

have read varying reports about amount of bleeding to expect - and how long it generally lasts, my letter from the hosp said could be up to 4 weeks - but surely i'd have collapsed from anaemia by then!!?

but pleased to hear it seems to promote fertility - not decrease it - fingers crossed for all fixed and well on my was to bfp by xmas
xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular