NEED ADVICE WITH BABY CARSEAT

Angee
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:32 pm 
Post subject: NEED ADVICE WITH BABY CARSEAT
we have a Toyota corolla ( nov 2000 reg) and we have been told by a couple of the baby retailers that non of the baby car seats available in the market would fit our car for the following reasons

1) the length of the belt is short by 5 to 7 inches
2) the length of the belt on the buckle end is too long so the buckle is not sitting away from the base it is in fact going in to the base. This will snap on impact
3) we dont have isofix

Have been told by them to go and get the belt lengthen. (the manufacture does not recommend ) WHAT DO WE DO??
is that advisable?
has anyone had the same sort of problem?
fi34
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:12 am 
Post subject: car seat issues!
Hi
I have had exactly the same problem!
I have a Honda HRV and the seat belts are sooo short that only 1 group 0 car seat fitted which was a Britax and so far no Maxi Cosi group 1's fit.
The seat that is recommended for my car isn't even sold in the UK it is by Britax Roemer based in Germany!
My main concern is that the only one that will fit will do badly in all the tests.

If you ring Toyota they will get one in for you but be warned it may be expensive.
I have been on the Britax finder today and will see how it goes - it didn't work the first time around but it will be cheaper than buying a new car!
Lizsbaby
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:55 pm 
Post subject: Re: NEED ADVICE WITH BABY CARSEAT
Angee wrote:
we have a Toyota corolla ( nov 2000 reg) and we have been told by a couple of the baby retailers that non of the baby car seats available in the market would fit our car for the following reasons

1) the length of the belt is short by 5 to 7 inches
2) the length of the belt on the buckle end is too long so the buckle is not sitting away from the base it is in fact going in to the base. This will snap on impact
3) we dont have isofix

Have been told by them to go and get the belt lengthen. (the manufacture does not recommend ) WHAT DO WE DO??
is that advisable?
has anyone had the same sort of problem?

We had same problem with our toyota yaris , We went to Halfords to by a car seat, We found that a iso fix system would be exspensive as we need to get two diffrent seats to cover 0 to 4 years Sad . We also discovered that our yaris wont excepted any of the other 0 to 4 year old car seats using the seat belt to fix them. As the buckel strap is to long. so the seats wont fix proberly. Question Any one else? How do you get round this problems?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular