Diabetes and pregnancy

dc210407
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:27 am 
Post subject: Diabetes and pregnancy
Hi,

I suffer from diabetes and i have been told that i will be induced at 38 weeks. I was just wondering if anybody else has been in a similar position and how things went?

Thanks Diane
booboo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:44 pm 
Post subject: diabetic pregnancy
hi im 28 weeks and also have type 1 diabeties this is my first pregnancy but i have also been told that i probably wont make it past 38 weeks. although i feel as if this is a good thing as im really worried about having a big baby im scared as i have no idea what to expect.
the diabeties team that i see every week have been great with all the diabetic stuff but i feel as though i dont no much about the actual baby side
booboo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:25 am 
Post subject:
hi didnt get to finish last reply computer broke! i havnt been told alot about the baby side of things as the focus for now has been on the diabetic stuff, but had a visit to antenatal clinic on tuesday and have been told that our baby is above the centile line of growth, he was doing ok but had suddenly shot to being above the normal growth they would expect. they have put my insulin doses up and are scanning every two weeks until he arrives, but unless his growth slows up abit he could be weeks early. the doctors told me that he is developed in size enough that he will be able to survive but his lungs will be imature so would need extra care after birth. i think the only thing that we can do is to keep sugar levels as low as possible so the baby doesnt take in too much sugar but its not as easy as others seem to think!!!
im looking forward to meeting our little man but dont want to rush him, this is our first baby so im really worried about actually giving birth, im scared my sugar will drop and i wont no what im doing, pl;us have no idea what pain to expect. good luck with yours if you fing out any more please help me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular