drinking confusion!

Malan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm 
Post subject: drinking confusion!
Hello all!
I am nearly 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby, but I'm confused what I can drink (I dont mean alcohol). i normally drink peppermint tea, or white tea and peppermint but I have heard that peppermint tea can cause spina bifida and white tea has caffeine in it. I really struggle to drink plain water unless I am exercising and I dont like cordial or fizzy drinks. Help - what is safe to drink??!!
Jane74
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:15 pm 
Post subject: Re: drinking confusion!
Malan wrote:
Hello all!
I am nearly 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby, but I'm confused what I can drink (I dont mean alcohol). i normally drink peppermint tea, or white tea and peppermint but I have heard that peppermint tea can cause spina bifida and white tea has caffeine in it. I really struggle to drink plain water unless I am exercising and I dont like cordial or fizzy drinks. Help - what is safe to drink??!!
Try Earl grey decaf it takes a while to get use to but very nice and also ginger tea. Even if it is just one cup a day will be ok.
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
i would say if your really worried about it, speak to your midwife and she can put your mind at rest.
i know they say not to drink more than 6 cups of caffeinated tea or coffee a day during pregnancy but im not sure about the others.
you will probably find they will be fine though.
xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular