potty training boys

katie2931
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:18 am 
Post subject: potty training boys
hey, my son is 3 in november and is quite quick when it comes to learning new things, he will wee on his potty but wont entertain a poo. the only time i can get him to wee on his potty is if he is naked from the waist down, i realise this isnt actually a prblem but when he is fully clothed he wil look at the potty but wee in his pants then tell me. he is due to start nursery in january and he cant be running round naked just so he wont wet himself!!

did anyone else find this??
i would appreciate any tips or advice on how to overcome this

mant thanks
pileggi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:34 am 
Post subject:
When I was toilet trainging my two son's my first wanted his privacy when he needed to poo, the other we would sing a song and I would distracked him. Try leaving him alone. Just stand outside the bathroom door. Good luck
LittleKirsty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:17 pm 
Post subject: Re: potty training boys
Hi there I no exactly what you mean, my little boy turned two in october and when I tried to get him to go on the potty he had none of it, so I just left the potty out and him with nothing on his bottom half, then to my surprise he did it all alone. He will wee and poo on the potty but he is the same as your little boy if his trousers are on he thinks its a nappy. I think once they understand the potty without trousers the rest will fall into place after that. My little boy is starting nursery in Jan 08 I explained to the staff the situation and they are going to work with him on that issue there end as well as me working on it, so maybe if you had a word with that staff they could assist you in this. Hope all goes well Kirsty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular