Pregnant Partner-Questions from someone who hasn't a clue

Martin1979
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:32 pm 
Post subject: Pregnant Partner-Questions from someone who hasn't a clue
Hello everyone. My girlfriend and I have just found out that we are execting a baby. We have booked our scan in but its not until the 10th December which seems like an absolute eternity away!

I'm so worrried something is going on (im naturally very paranoid and wouldnt want anything to happen to my girlfriend or the baby.

Is it normal to wait this long for the 1st scan?
Is there any way to find out if the baby is ok?

Sorry to ask stupid questions i just want these early months to go as smoothly as possible!
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Martin,
Congratulations to you both..It's only natural to be worried about your baby...I'm 7 & half months gone had 3 scans & i still worry.Even though i have been given no real reasons for concern.I know i have a low line placenta will find out more on friday...
As for the scan yes it is normal to wait a fair while...Your partner needs to take her pregnancy notes with her for the scan...No need for a full bladder either.Blood test will be done just before you go through for the scan possibly a urine sample?
Is your partner taking any kind of Folic acid tablets? Pregnacare is very good as it's vitamins,iron & folic acid.5 for a months tablets 1 a day.....
Hope this helps & don't worry either of you....

Good luck... Smile

Karen.....
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
HI Martin - congratulations Very Happy

no such thing as a silly question! Normal 1st scan is 12 weeks into pregnancy, althuogh your doctor will refer your girlfriend to a midwife before then most likely.

As Karen says, just make sure she takes it easy and try not to worry. The first 12 weeks are big for baby's healthy development, so do try and get her to go for some vitamin supplements, healthy diet, no alcohol, no smoking if possible.

Enjoy!!

Anna
Martin1979
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for all the advice-luckily she has been eating very well since we found out. A lot of fruit and veg. I'll try and keep you informed as to the progress.
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:55 pm 
Post subject:
yes it would be nice to hear how things are going... Smile

Karen...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular