Aptamil 2

kukina
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:35 pm 
Post subject: Aptamil 2
My baby is 6 months old, she is getting hungrier, I am just starting to give her a spoon of baby rice a day, she seems to spit more than swallowing.

I am currently on Aptamil 1, which she is getting on with very well, I had to switch from SMA, as it made her constipated, and seemed to struggle to digest it.

I am wondering whether to switch to Aptamil 2, has anyone switched? and how did you get on? did you have to change teat? has the flow changed?
Just a little nervous to switch to Aptamil 2...

thanks
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
I am using aptamil follow on, and Kaitlin is fine on it

If little one is 6months, you should maybe think about starting to wean her onto solids? Reducing her milk down and introducing some food, baby rice, fruit, porridge for breakfast, and basic veg such as pureed carrott and potato? Have u spoken to your hv about this?
Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:10 am 
Hi there, thank you for your reply,
absolutely, I have only started this Monday, I just wanted to wait that she was 6 months.

I started with apple, but she seemed to just look disgusted and salivate it all out, so I am now doing babyrice with some veg broth I made and some milk, it's better, but she is really spitting more out than taking in, as the sensation for her is still very very strange. But she seems so discontent and hungry, that I thought to move her to Aptamil 2.

We are also trying not to feed her at 4 am, skip that feed, and just make her eat at midnight and then 8 am, and I have the feeling that with normal Aptamil, she just won't do that...
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
Well i dont think the follow on milk is more filling, i think its just got more nutrients in a less quantity so they dont need as much in the day

Give her a few days, you will be amazed how much she will eat. Try her with veg, carrot and potato, its more filling. After a couple of weeks you can start giving her meat, chicken and fish pureed with pasta and potatoes, she will love it. Try yoghurt too, Kaitlin loves fromage frais, and it counts towards daily milk allowance xx
Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:21 pm 
Oh, fantastic, thank you so much for the advice, yum! fromage frais, I like that too, definitely will try that once she gets the hang of this!

I really hope she will take to this eating business, have to say, today she seemed better, she seemed to swallow more, 3 teaspoons of babyrice! Tomorrow I will try with carrot, fingers crossed. It's funny, of course she will eat like every human being does, but it looks so hard to believe by looking at her reaction when you put food in her mouth right now, the grimace in her face, it's so funny...

Keep you posted
xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
It is just a learning curve, and if she doesnt like something the first time, dont give up on it, keep trying her with it. You will be amazed how much more she can eat in a few weeks time, Kaitlins appetite grows everyday, and it is funny watching their faces when they eat. I gave Kaitlin weetabix this morning, she liked it, and i even stirred in a little bit of pureed fruit, she lapped it up!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular