no scan

Jess77
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:23 pm 
Post subject: no scan
Hi everyone

I went to the doctors yesterday as I had done 3 pregnancy tests last Thursday/Friday and they were all posiitive. She gave me a book and a perscription for folic acid. I asked about a scan as I'm unsure of dates. She said I wouldnt need one till 12 weeks. I think I'm about 6 weeks but not sure and I'm worried now. Aren't you supposed to have a scan or blood test stright away?

If anyone could help it'd be much apprecieated.

Thanks

Jess
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:22 pm 
Post subject: hi
hiya congrats Very Happy the doc dont do all the blood test. its what the midwife does so when u see your midwife she will explain everything, well thats how it was in my case. hope things go well xx Very Happy
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:35 pm 
Post subject:
I am 9 weeks and have seen the dr and the midwife. I have had no blood tests yet, will apparently have them around 14 weeks, and have a scan in a couple of weeks, when I'm 12 weeks. So, not to worry if you haven't had anything yet.

LD
Jess77
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:58 pm 
Post subject:
OK thanks. The thing is she has said nothing about seeing a midwife!
laydee
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:50 pm 
Post subject: dont worry
i never got told either. i jus recieved a letter sayin ive got ma 1st scan in december n that my supposed midwife wants to come and see me. Apparently its 3 blood tests. do u think she/he will go away if i close the blinds?? i hate needles n dont wanna get blood all ova the carpet lol. ma mum wud kill me. i think doctors are a bit heartless when it comes to first mothers. i didnt kno i was pregnant till i went to my doctor over tiredness!! to make matters worse it was a guy. havin a guy handle ur pee has got to be 1 of the most embarrassing things in the world. apart from havin ur legs in the air n letting 5 doctors have a look at you while giving birth lol
make it enjoyable
charlotte
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
Jess - if you haven't got any info on your midwife team yet, ring your GP surgery and ask how to book a midwife appointment.

Charlotte - I'm [*@!#%*] with needles too - but you'll get used to it! There are a LOT of blood tests to come over then next 7 months or so lol. Also, you'll look back on a bloke handling your pee as one of the least embarassing things ever fairly soon Wink there's no point trying to hold onto your dignity during pregnacy and birth hehe - just laugh about it and enjoy
ang111
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:45 am 
Post subject: Bupa Scan
Hi

You can have a dating scan etc... at Bupa anytime for 100. I did at 7 weeks (mum paid) and it was amazing. Just had scan at 14 weeks and NHS are sooo [*@!#%*]. The scan picture was so clear it was amazing... also had scan at 10 weeks with NHS but you could see more in the picture from Bupa at 7 weeks.. in comparrison with the 10 week scan. The 14 week scan was good though. Although they lost notes again and was up hosp. for 4 hours!

Congrats to youx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular