Nursery curtains

beansmum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:23 pm 
Post subject: Nursery curtains
I am in the process of decorating my nursery but really battling to find curtains. I have two little windows - odd size and so really need to have custom made/altered curtains. Any advice? Also would like some other things for the room in similar fabric/pattern.
Thanks
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:16 am 
Post subject: curtains
hi beansmum, over here in NZ we have a website called Trade Me were everyone sells unwanted items at cheap prices, you can get anything from shoes to houses!! Check with your friends what your buy/sell site is if there is one, there will be cheap curtains that you may still have to alter but at least you not paying the price for brand new curtains. My friend decorated her whole babies room including cot from buying 2nd hand off Trade Me. Good luck with your newest edition!!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi Beansmum, Have you got a relative who can make curtains etc? I have old aunties who love doing that sort of thing!!! Otherwise what about getting some curtains made at a seamstress with and then you could make your own cushion covers (dead easy and very quick) with the same fabric to match and if you get a staple gun and a couple of squares of mdf from B&Q you could staple the same fabric on to make some wall plaques? xxx
Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
May be worth while finding a fabric that blocks the sun out ( blackout blind ) as i got so fed up drapeing a blanket over our curtains.

my boys slept much better in the day when it was dark in their room.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular