Bleeding...worrying too much maybe ??

2ndtimer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:48 pm 
Post subject: Bleeding...worrying too much maybe ??
Hiya Im new to this site, im 6 weeks pregnant, with my 2nd pregnancy. I have a 9 year old daughter, and the reason that I am am here is because things seem to be not running as smooth as my last pregnancy.. as I thought it may, my body being almost 10 years wiser. On Monday morning i had a bleed which i can only compare to a period, I attended my hospital where I was examined internally, @ which point the doctor removed a small blood clot, but told me that my cervix was @ that time closed and looking healthy. I was also told that bleeding during pregnancy isnt a good sign, and was sent home. I went to bed for a few hours, and the bleeding has since stopped, as in there is no fresh blood, jus spotting which is more like a brown colour(sorry 4 being so blunt Confused ) I have been lucky to have my partner looking after me constantly, hes even been mopping up.. which is quite funny to see.. Razz anyways.. back to the reason I am asking 4 advice.. with this scare, and the spotting continuing 4 days later, i am really concerned, but I keep assuring myself with not being in any pain.. I am going to ask some questions which may seem slightly ridiculous.. jus put it down to my hormones Exclamation
since my bleed, i done a pregnancy test which shown positive, now i am aware that you cant do a positive test if there is no pregnancy, but can a positive result be shown if the foetus has died, due to hormones still present in the body?? thats my BIGGEST worry!
when pregnant with my daughter I was ill, and with this pregnancy i havent been sick once, but i could sleep for britain..
I have a scan booked for monday i guess i'm jus after some re assurance from ppl who have had similar experiences, thanks loads xx[/b]
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:24 pm 
Post subject: hii
hiya this is my 1st pregancy,im 18 and fell pregant stright away when i stoped using comdoms, iv been really worried but been told that as long as there no bleeding ill be fine. then a couple off weeks ago i had some bleeding not alot and it wasnt clotted but i rushed to ANE just incase, all they did was give me a scan and the baby was fine, since iv had no bleeding but iv had bad back ache and belly ache, so now im waitin 4 the 12 week scan hoping things r ok.

not sure if this helps but iv been terified since i wish 12 weeks would hurry so i can see my baby all ok.
hope things go well try not to worry, sorry if this is no help at all xx
2ndtimer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
its hard work making a baby eh Wink
Thanks for replying, I jus think i'm guna worry all the time now.. as silly as it sounds, but when you want something to be so perfect and it seems not to be going that way you jus cant help but worry!
I wish you all the best for your 12 week scan.. sending loadsa luck your way Very Happy
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:50 pm 
Post subject:
hi!
this is my 2nd pregnancy, my daughter is now 11, ive had spotting for the last week , i had a scan on monday which showed everything was fine...
then yesterday i had another bleed and have had some pain today so i went in to c th doc..he examined me and said the cervix was not dilated so not to worry...the blood was old blood so not to worry about that either

my theory is , if in doubt, check it out..they really dont mind you going into see them if your worried \9the docs i mean), and the only way to be sure is a scan. Im coming up for week 8 and its a nightmare having to wait another 4 wks for my 12 week scan#
good luck to you both.

dawn xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular