Fertility clinic update

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:52 pm 
Post subject: Fertility clinic update
Hi just thought I'd let you know how I gt on at the clinic. I saw the doctor after having had a hycosy scan last week and everything from that has come back fine. My problem of not yet conceiving is due to me not ovulating every month (although I have regular periods every 29 days).

Anyway the doc had put me on clomid tablets for 6 mths (which I can't start til my next cycle). I have to go for a blood test on day 21 next mth to see if they have worked and if I ovulated.

So that's all I can do at the mo, except lots of bd around (hopefully) ov time!

How are the rest of you getting on that going down this route?

Ally x
CheekySindy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Ally... I've got my scan on Saturday... am kinda nervous, as I don't know what to expect...

I also had my blood test done, but they wouldn't give me the results over the phone, and said the doctor wants me to make an appointment to discuss the results Confused !!

Do you think somethings wrong??
Sindy
AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Sindy
That's a bit weird that they wouldn't give results over the phone, when I rang they did tell me that the result wasn't in the ovulatory range but that was all.

I wouldn't worry, maybe different doctors have some policy on how much they tell patients.

Don't worry too much about the scan...its a bit uncomfortable (so take painkillers an hour before - they say you can). I had a bit of bleeding for the next 24 hrs but it wasn't really sore afterwards. When I had my scan they told me exactly what they were doing and what they could see and told me then that my uterus and tubes looked fine, so that was reassuring.

I'm sure everything will go ok - how long have you been ttc?

Ally x
CheekySindy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Ally,

My Hubby and I have been ttc for just over a year now, but is kinda difficult, as I'm spoting in between cycles, with a day or two break.

I thought it was weird too... that's when the questions in my head started Sad

My Hubby and I have been together for nearly 10 years now, but only been married for 2 of them... I'm going to be 35 next month and we're still trying for Baby #1.

How about you? Have you got any kids?

Sindy x
AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
I've been married for nearly 18 mths and have been ttc pretty much since then. Both my hubby and I are 28 and never really considered it would be this difficult to conceive - naive I know.

Neither of us have any kids so this is #1 and I've always had regular cycles. I have been through a whole range of emotions from getting quite down about it but then other mths I've just tried not to think about it too much (which is easier said than done!)

Nothing's ever straight forward is it??!!

Ally x
CheekySindy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
I've also not tried to think about it, as thought I would stress myself out too much, and not get preg... but it is really hard I know.
I used to tell one of my friends at work not to worry too... thinking it was an easy thing to do... anyway, she said she listened to me, and shortly fell preg.

I'm off to bed now, as it's gone 10pm and have to get to work early...

Night x
Lillies
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:42 pm 
Post subject: Haven't had a period in 8 months..... HELP...
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and I hope I will find this a help. I have being trying for baby nr 1 and I have stopped the pill in July (which I was on for 5-6 years) My periods have always been regular before taking the pill and while taking the pill. I have been to the doctors and they have transferred me to the Gynae Clinic. I don't know what happens in this clinic, can anyone explain. I have a feeling deep down that something is wrong with me. As it's approaching the 1 year mark, I am getting more depressed and scared about the whole thing. Has anyone else here had problems with the periods coming back after the pill.

Many thanks

Lillies xx Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular