Negative Tests... could they be wrong?

louiseanne
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:47 pm 
Post subject: Negative Tests... could they be wrong?
The witch was due last wed so I am 5 days late. (Been trying for 10 months so far). Done 2 tests both neg, but i am never late so am thoroughly confused!!! Had pains in nipples, sick feeling and headaches. Going to doc this afternoon as am sure i am pregnant. I am diabetic so need to know sooner rather than later. Any advice or has anyone else been through the same? x x Confused
Kirk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Louise

They do say that you can have a false negative, as it depends on your test's sensitivity to the HCG hormone!!

Your doctor should be able to do a blood test for a more accurate result.

Kirk

http://www.mycycle.com/home/ZFFZY
LauraT
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Louise,

When I was due for my AF I did a test and it was negative. I then did one 10 days later which came up with a faint positive.

Basically, I ovulated later than when I should have and it turned out I was pregnant and all is good!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Laura x

Lauraloocards
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
I had a negative test with this pregnancy, then 2 days later had a positive. As others have said, it could be due to you ovulating or having a low hcg level at the moment. I hope you are pregnant - let us know if you managed to get a blood test. Fingers crossed for you.

mummy2ollie
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:17 am 
Post subject:
let us know how u get on and good luck!!! xx
blaylock18
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
I did a test the day of my mist periond at about 5 in the afternoon and it was negitive i then was up late with sickness and did the test first thing in the morning and was positive i then did another test later on in the day and it was also negative so waited till the next morning and did another test it was positive so my advice if you havent already take the test first thing in the morning as the hormoe is stonger in the morning.

xx
jade25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:15 am 
Post subject:
hey i done test begin of sept it was negitive then i done another test 23 of sept n it was positive and going by the scan i concieved 20 august so it could well be a false neg do a test in a couple of days or do a blood test at docs xx

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular