RE;PREGNANCY

BABYMAKES3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:22 am 
Post subject: RE;PREGNANCY
Hi everyone. don,t know if anyone has had the same problem as me.

Recently I took a pregnancy test and it was a faint line I was amazed because I was told it would be hard for me to conceive due to me having PCO(i'd been trying for nearly two two years). when I saw that faint line I was so happy because last year I suffered A Miscarriage at 16wks the only problem was that I started bleeding the day after for four days with clots but I still felt pregnant.

The hospital took bloods from me and said My hormone level was really low and that I was miscarrying they told me that in two weeks time I would not be pregnant anymore.This was a shock to me and very upsetting the feeling of delight was overcome with sadness and it didn't help that my partner wasn't being very supportive he's now decided he does'nt want kids now.

Anyhow after the bleeding I decided I would do another pregnancy test because I was convinced I was still pregnant and the line was so much darker. I had my bloods taken and guess what they said my hormone levels had more than doubled and that I was in early pregnancy. The problem I'm having now is that I have no idea when I conceived,how far gone I am and whether or not the baby's growing accordingly. I have a scan in 3wks and I'm so nervous anyone offer advice.

sorry the message is so long!!!!
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, Cant really offer any advice but i wanted to say ..CONGRATULATIONS and i hope it all goes smootly x Razz
BABYMAKES3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the well wishes and I'll keep you informed of what happens next.
I hope I start to feel sick soon and my boobs hurt a little more. I feel that I need these symptoms to be more prominent atleast then i'll know the baby's growing.Last time I found out I was pregnant when all these symptoms had already started at six weeks. but having to wait is worrying me alittle,but I guess against all the odds i'm still pregnant so god-willing things will go smoothly for me this time thanks again!
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
hi there

congratulations Very Happy

don't worry too much about dates etc, you will know loads more after your scan - and especially after your dating scan. Really hope everything goes OK - and don't wish sickness on yourself!! you'll have enough fun to look forward to without that.

Remember, really important to take it easy, rest and sleep as much as you can in tehse early weeks. Put your feet up and relax!!

Hope everything goes OK Very Happy

Anna
BABYMAKES3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks so much and I will take your advice plenty of rest and trying not to worry too much,and i'll let you know how it all goes.
KaylaEmsley
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
hi, do mean when you say PCo as in poly cistic ovaries?

if so i was diagnosed after trying for 18 months and was told that i would never have children as it was worse than most cases, however i concieve in the august and miscarried at 6 weeks with twins, after i finished bleeding from that i had my first period in november, waited for my period was dredful in the end it didnt come so the day before new years eve i did a pregnancy test it came up with a faint line, just like yourself! so new years eve i boughts digital one so i had a distictive yes or no! and i was definatly pregnant, i got to 5 weeks and woke up in pain so went the hospital and had a scan, i was fine just growing pains!

to be honest i dont think you have anything to worry about i no exactly how you feel and it is the worse thing in the world, ive told you my story which is simular to yours and now i have a 3 month old baby girl,

so stay positive adn fingers crossed everything will be ok, the more you worry the more you putting strees on yourself and the baby so try and relax!

please do get back to me would love to hear how your getting on!

all the best kayla xx
KaylaEmsley
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:14 pm 
Post subject:
hi, do mean when you say PCo as in poly cistic ovaries?

if so i was diagnosed after trying for 18 months and was told that i would never have children as it was worse than most cases, however i concieve in the august and miscarried at 6 weeks with twins, after i finished bleeding from that i had my first period in november, waited for my period was dredful in the end it didnt come so the day before new years eve i did a pregnancy test it came up with a faint line, just like yourself! so new years eve i boughts digital one so i had a distictive yes or no! and i was definatly pregnant, i got to 5 weeks and woke up in pain so went the hospital and had a scan, i was fine just growing pains!

to be honest i dont think you have anything to worry about i no exactly how you feel and it is the worse thing in the world, ive told you my story which is simular to yours and now i have a 3 month old baby girl,

so stay positive adn fingers crossed everything will be ok, the more you worry the more you putting strees on yourself and the baby so try and relax!

please do get back to me would love to hear how your getting on!

all the best kayla xx
BABYMAKES3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:08 pm 
Post subject: re:early pregnancy
thanks so much for the response Kayla, i have decided to relax and not worry so much i believe now that i'll be fine. thanks for the inspirational story. I think after trying so long and being told that I would need fertility medication to conceive due to the polycistic ovaries and conceiving naturally I guess I'm just amazed. but I will definately keep in contact. debs.x
BABYMAKES3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:19 pm 
Post subject: re;early pregnancy
Hi everyone, thanks for your support.

I started bleeding again and had some bloods done.this time it showed my hormone levels had fallen and they basically told me that i'm miscarrying. I know I was early but this was still a shock to me I haven't really been able to cry for some reason I,m just numb. I think that so much has happened in such a short space of time that it's not really absorbed.

Im going back to the hospital on tuesday to check my hormone levels again the nurse said she's expecting my urine test to be negative and the hcg to be gone. I almost feel like Why should I bother with all that but then I feel that maybe there is still hope.

I have polycistic ovaries and I wonder if this may have contributed to the falling hcg levels and the bleeding I was wondering if anyone could give me words of encouragement because this will be my second miscarriage and the fear of having another and not being able to prevent it worries me.
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya

poor you. This is going to be a horrible few days - but, it isn't over til its over, so do wait until Tuesday to find out for sure. In the meantime take it really easy and try to stay positive.

/hug

Anna
BABYMAKES3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:25 am 
Post subject: miscarriage
hiya everyone thanks for you words of encouragement but unfortunately i have bad news i'm definately miscarrying. my hormone levels have fallen even more so its just a matter of time before its all gone.

I am really sad about this because I really wanted this baby.I just didnt imagine that this would happen again today I was suppose to have my first scan today and i'm kind of upset that I should have to feel [*@!#%*] again. I know that one day i'l be a mum but it sometimes feels so far away. The worst thing is that my breasts are still sensitive and I still feel tired which makes getting over this alot harder,

My partner isn't very supportive due to the fact he's decided he doesn't want kids now so he acts like nothing happened and that thank goodness it's over.which I must say has put a tremendous amount of stress on our relationship.he's insensitivity astounds me and his disregard to how i'm feeling is so insensitive.He actually said that he hasn't even thought about the fact that i've miscarried and that he doesn't really consider it anything really.

I feel really down i'm trying to cope with this has much as I can but i've realised that i'm hurting so much i'm trying to feel normal but then that feeling of loss comes over me and i feel lost and alone again.I didnt think i would feel so sad because considering it was much sooner than the last time and I didn't see iton the scan or buy anything but I think it would effect me in this way.

I hope someone can give me some words of encouragement and let me know when possibly my test will stop showing a strong positive and my breasts will stop hurting. My HCG level was 113 10 days ago and the hospital wont discharge me till they see a negative and my hcg levels are down completely which makes going there all the time for these tests harder.
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:25 am 
Post subject:
oh poor you. I'm so, so sorry for you. The hospital stuff could go on a while I think, so best to just brace yourself really and realise that its all for the best to make sure all your bits are working right for next time.

Is it possible your partner is in denial as his way of coping with the loss? Some men don't handle the feelings of grief after a miscarriage very well, and have the weirdest reactions. To be fair though, in your position I doubt I would want to be supporting him in any way just at the moment - so possibly a female relative or girlfriend who has had a similar experience, or is just nice, might be your best support?

Also chocolate hobnobs are good for a really good weep. You could always watch Watership Down, eat your way through a pack and cry your eyes out for a few hours. Might help!.

/hugs a lot

Anna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular