really scared & confused!!

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:21 am 
Post subject: really scared & confused!!
Im currently 7 wks pregnant with my 2nd child, i had some spotting last wednesday and the doctor sent me for a scan to make sure everything was ok.
I went 4 the scan yesterday and the baby was fine and the heart was beating....
the problem is this morning i have had more spotting but its a different colour and my tummy feels a bit tender.
the scan i had was an internal one, is there any chance this could cause bleeding or pain???
has this sort of thing happened to anyone else..... could i be loosing the baby?

dawn.xx
ja43118
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
I dont know about these things - but keeping thinking positively. Good luck and let us know how you get on at doctors.

JJx
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:02 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun
hope your feeling a bit better now.
with any worry like this dont wait for things to get worse or ask for advice on here ring labour ward or you rcommunity midwife.
they wont mind or think you're wasting time, thats what their there for. they get call the same as yours everyday.
the only thing i will unfortunatloy say, which im sure your already aware of, if a miscarriage does begin or premature labour before 35 weeks these is nothing that anyone can do.

take it easy and keep you rfeet up whenever you can and make sure that you ring a midwife for advise shoudl anything else happen. part of her care is to give you advice and 'care' for you.

charl
xxx
chadie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:40 pm 
Post subject: scared and confused re spotting
Hi... The spotting could be old blood maybe disturbed from your scan yesterday but from the previous spotting at 4 weeks... or it could just be a small bit of blood from the internal yesterday discoloured by oygen. I think that spotting as early as that is quite common and normal as its just the normal hormones that would have taken place as a period anyway. And theres been none since then. Anything not fresh and red blood has to be something else.... lots of love
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:07 am 
Post subject:
thank you all so much for your advice, things seem to have settled now, and im still having pregnancy symptons so im feeling more at ease now, i never had anything like this with my daughter...but then that wa 11 yrs ago
thanks again for the advice.

dawn xx Very Happy
ja43118
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:02 am 
Post subject:
I dont want to sound bad but it is so good to read other people being scared about the slightest thing. I had a pain in my lower abdomen and was convinced it was an ectopic pregnancy. I got myself into such a state about it and by the time I saw a doctor I was in complete agony, I had a temperature and was being sick. He examined and pointed out that the pain was too low, and as I had no bleeding it was most likely a strained abdomen - to go home have a bath and some paracetamol and sleep (having lost a nights sleep through worrying). After my bath and a sleep the pain was much less and I think I made it worse by worrying. I decided last night that I wasnt going to worry anymore - but I woke this morning with some bleeding and am starting worry all over again. It is dull red (not bright) and mixed with brown so I am hoping the same - old blood - nothing serious.

Thanks for making me feel like I'm not crazy paranoid lady.

JJx
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:58 pm 
Post subject:
hi guys,
u just need to correct simething. in my previous post i put that once a woman goes into premature labour at 35 wks theres nothing anyone can do!!
dont know where that came from!!! although i was very tired when writing!!!
i meant before 24 weeks the baby is not legally viable!

sorry about that hahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular