Depo & Getting Pregnant

Meghyn
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:31 am 
Post subject: Depo & Getting Pregnant
Hey. I'm Meghyn and I'm 19 years old. I have aa wonderful husband of two years and we wish to start our family. In late August 2007, I got one injection of depo provera. In early October my husband and I decided to try to have a baby after the shot wore off, but we had heard many horror stories of infertility after depo provera, however, many of these stories came from women who had been on the shot for a year or more.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it would take for me to get pregnant after only a single injection. I got a period on November 17th and it lasted 2 weeks. I'm just confused. Any help would be great!
KaylaEmsley
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
hiya

you sound like your in the exact situation as what i was in i was 17 when i got married and im also 19, i had the injection and after that my periods were all over the place i miscarried in the november after having the injection in the april, then in the may a year later i was diagnosed with poly cystic ovaries and was told i would never concieve natrually but i manage to concieve twins in the august but sadly miscarried them then in the november i had my first proper period since i had the injection and i managed to concieve and now i have a beautiful baby girl

your periods will come dont worry and if you get very worried go to your Gp and ask them to run some test to find out whats going on with your homones

hope this help

kayla x
Suzannex
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:32 am 
Post subject: A little Time..
My injection Wore off in August, i only had the one shot and i'm still waiting to concieve. On the other hand a woman i work with is 38, was on the shot for years the doctor decided to give her a weeks break, and she managed to get pregnant.

Everyone is different, Omg i bet im totally not helping, but honestly.. lol just give your body a little time to adjust back and before you know it you'll Concieve. there are other sites that can give u tips. Help with charting and things.. babyzone.com .. Very Happy x

xx Goodluckkk Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular