my daughter is called names

Zaarambar
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:54 am 
Post subject: my daughter is called names
Laura is going to school now for a few weeks. We had problems first to get her used to it because there are too many in her class (32). She loves playing with kids though but the more kids there are the quieter she gets. This morning, she told me, she doesnt want bananas in school. She usually loves them. Her reason not to have bananas in school is simply because she is called a monkey. I talked to her about that, and that she is no monkey and all. But she got really upset. Its a pity that you have to change your childs lunchbox because she is called names.. I cant believe that she would be the only one in calls of 32 who has bananas in lunchboxes

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:45 am 
Post subject:
Children can be really nasty, one particular girl kept calling Isabelle a baby as I have given her a flip top drinks bottle instead of a sports one. She was just 3 in the nursery (it is integrated with the reception class, so even the pre-school ones wear uniform etc). I know that my child woulsd never (i hope not) bully others, because it is a form of bullying, what they are saying. I would be inclined to speak to the teacher. Whenever Isabelle tells me about incidents at school, the first thing I say is 'what did the teacher do/say?' If I'm not happy with the response then I speak to them at the first oppourtunity.

Its such a shame that this is happening during what should be a very happy and exciting time for them. I hope she is happier and you get it sorted. x
Zaarambar
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
We spoke to the teacher about it. She was unaware about it. See if that makes a difference

NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
That is so sad. I can't believe children can start bullying at such a young age. As a parent of a 2 and half year old that really worries me and I don't know how I'd react, apart from being upset for my daughter. Hope this stops, it's just not right. xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular