Older mums TTC

DigitalDi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

I'm 44yrs old - ugh! - and literally starting again. My first marriage ended in a difficult and painful divorce a couple of years ago due to my ex being transgendered and deciding he wanted to live his life as a woman. Something he knew his whole life but married me without telling me.

Anyway, happy to say I re-married to a wonderful man - real man - ha! and we are about to see a consultant about me having my serilisation reversed. My husband has no children and we honestly thought it would be ok but the longer we're together, we're both feeling the need for a child together. I have four older children - (24yrs, 22yrs and twins of 20yrs).

Just wanted to meet others in the same situation - older mum, starting again, etc..

x
Tillysmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:10 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, I too am an older mum 37 and been ttc no 2 baby for 3 years, already have a 6 yr old daughter. I always feel hard done by because I cannot have another baby but having been to my first IVF meeting last night (been told this is our only chance) I realised actually how lucky I am. I was probably one of the youngest there and to see other couples that havent got any children and holding out that IVF will work was really sad. I am going to keep trying the natural way and have my first go at IVF in Sept. Good luck to you all x
SarahandAnnabelle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Helz,

I am 39 this year and my hubby and I have been ttc since last September and we have now been referred to the fertility clinic, which is a really slow process. I already have a 14 year old from a previous marriage. I am now becoming obsessed with getting pg and the week before Af I can think of nothing else. AF is due on Saturday and as per usual i am convinced I am pg with some light symptons, but I have been here before and they end up just be menstrual symptons. I had a blood test at the hospital last week and hubby had to do his sample yesterday. I have got another blood test next week and we are not seeing the consultant until July - which is ages away.

Fingers crossed for you and all the other older mums.

Sar xx
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

nice to hear from some more older mums ttc!! Just in case you didn't read the first post I turned 40 this year!! I've got 2 girls of 14 and 10 and this is the 3rd month ttc!! Am hoping it will happen again, I know there are a few others on here who are already PG again so I know we can do it too!!! Good luck to all you newbies must chat to us all on here, it really does help!!!

Helz xx
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:48 pm 
Post subject: Even older and TTC
Just read all of this thread and amused to see that the women who post appear to get older the longer the thread goes so thought I would up the stakes by letting you all know that I am 46 and TTC! Crazy but true, I have 4 older kids, 24, 22 ( a daughter who has just annouced she is making me a grandmother and I am delighted), 15 and 12 by my previous marriage but I am now in a new relationship with the love of my life who has never been married, is 42 and has no children of his own although he is great with mine. I would dearly love his baby so we have given up all contraception efforts and just seeing if we are blessed or not. I have no Perimenapausal symptoms of any kind, my periods turn up each month on a 24 to 26 day cycle and I am fitter than most people as I run quite a bit. I realise that the odds are very much against me now but you never know your luck!
Right now I am well over due on a 24 day cycle by 4 days or due today on a 28 day one if that makes sense, I have ALL the syptoms of pregancy and I really mean ALL but tested negative two days ago so will try again in a couple of days time. I NEVER miss a period usually. The only time I ever missed in the past I was pregnant but then I was very much younger than I am now.

Good luck to all of you trying and by the way, where can I find out what all your abbreviations mean, some of them are obvious but many I dont know what they are!
helen73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hey there, I'm 34 and ttc my first child. was beginning to wonder if i'd left it too late until I found this website, and it's give me hope. been married for 2 years but due to work commitments have been away from my dh for a lot of the first year. since being together we've been trying to make up for lost time, but still no joy yet.
DH has child from previous marriage, which makes me worry that there's something wrong with me...but guess just need to see how things go.
Have had all blood tests and they're fine, its just a matter of keeping doing the baby dance and hoping, then more tests if still no joy in a few more months.
fingers crossed hey!
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
het sanje and hic

good to talk to you both. We are all in similar positions regarding age although some younger than others eh ha ha. Good luck to you both.

Helz xx
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:26 pm 
Post subject: Over 35 TTC
Helz123 wrote:
het sanje and hic

good to talk to you both. We are all in similar positions regarding age although some younger than others eh ha ha. Good luck to you both.

Helz xx

Hi Helz

I am 36 next month and my DH & I have been ttc our 1st for 4months having come off the pill end dec 07, I had been on it for nearly 20 years. I really hope it has not affected my chances. My cycles have been mostly 27 days up until last month when it was a very long 35 days and now I am on day 23 of ??. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the month, thinking of testing around the 18th May. Good luck to everyone !
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
hey amy72

welcome to the site, its quite early days yet so try not to worry, im sure it will happen for you sooner or later.

Helz xx
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi amy welcome and gd luck for testing this month. have a gd feeling about 18th (not that its my birthday or anything!! Laughing ) Take care Pupx
amy72
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
pup1 wrote:
Hi amy welcome and gd luck for testing this month. have a gd feeling about 18th (not that its my birthday or anything!! Laughing ) Take care Pupx

Thanks Helz123 and Pup1. I really hope the 18th is lucky for me and the dreaded AF doesn't arrive. I have been reading everyone's news for the last few weeks and its great that there so many others are all going thru the same thing, although not for long hopefully. Its a great support network going on here. Happy birthday for the 18th!
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks. You take care and good luck. you know where we all are if you want to talk. pupx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular