Baby has terrible nasal congestion and cannot suck bottle

JaneP
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:17 pm 
Post subject: Baby has terrible nasal congestion and cannot suck bottle
Our baby is having terrible trouble breathing through his nose - we have been to A&E and the Drs but both said he is ok (of course he wasnt doing it during the day). But every night he is unalbe to feed and make terrible snorting noises as if trying to clear blocked mucas from his throat or nasal passage.

We are at our wits end worrying if he can breathe ok and feeding is a nightmare. Can anyone suggest anything or help?
bubbles24
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
hi

this isnt fun! have you tried saline drops? it worked for us and bubba sneezed the mucas out! Also try karvol drops, put one or two drops on a tissue and leave near the cot or steam the bedroom

good luck
leah1980
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:34 am 
Post subject: stuffy nosed
hi since birth my baby has had a problem with breathing through his nosewhen he was 6 weeks it was still a problem the docter sent him to have a chest xray,the results showed a shadowand was given antibotics which seem to be helping only half way through the course.
PinkFairy
Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:05 pm 
Post subject: Re: stuffy nosed
my baby was like this for about the first 5 weeks, went to docs and was given drops for her nose, basically salt water (saline drops) we raised the mattress a bit in moses basket and this seemed to help at night.

I thought about menthol crystal but was told to be very careful and not use them as young babies noses are sensitive

try raising the mattress with a pillow

it is scary esp at night when you think they are having difficulty breathing
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
Pink fairy i totally agree, saline drops and raise the moses basket at her head! It works for my little one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular