i just feel so low!

katebright
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:09 am 
Post subject: i just feel so low!
hello,

i am 39 weeks pregnant and have been feeling really down, then on tuesday i took my cat molly to the vet to be spade and her heart stopped on the operating table, we only had he 10 months and she was so beautiul and i loved her so much and its totally knocked me for 6. My husband is trying to stay strong for me but i can see how much it is hurting him, i am on maternity leave now which also started tuesday, so i am alone with our older cat who is confused and missing her too.
i just feel so guilty and i cant shake it! i know i have to look after myself because the baby could come any minute but now i just dont feel strong enough to cope.
i dont know what to do, i know you maybe thinking its just a cat but for a long time myself and my husband have had this little family of our own that noone could hurt but now i just feel ripped apart! Crying or Very sad

kate
xxx
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi Katebright,

I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your cat - it must be such a hard time for you especially with your baby due so soon. These things always come as such a shock and you really shouldn't feel bad for feeling bad Crying or Very sad

The blue cross (an animal charity) run a confidential pet bereavement support service and it might be worth giving them a call for a chat. Their number is 0800 096 6606.

If you want to get more info about them before calling their website is - http://www.bluecross.org.uk/web/site/AboutUs/PetBereavement/PBSSIntro.asp .

I hope this is of some help and wish you all the best for when your baby arrives.

Han x
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:40 am 
Post subject: xx
hiya hun sorry 2 hear about ya cat Crying or Very sad i wud fall apart if anything happened 2 my cats. we have 3 and i love them all so much. the other day i saw a kid hit 1 of them with a golf club and i was so upset. but dint go out and confront him as i fort it be safer 4 my bump iff i stay indoors. it must be heart braking to see ya other cat so confused but after a couple of weeks he will be ok prob 4get it was ever there, my cat had kittens and after we give them away she was sad 4 about a week then fine again all the best 4 ya birth hun good luck xx
kelly76
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
so sorry to hear about your cat, so sad. I remember when i was pregnant with my first child, we already had a dog, and we adopted a second dog as we thought it would be good company for the first dog, anyway to cut a long story short, when my baby girl arrived i found i could not cope with two large dogs and a new baby and i was really depressed and found everyday a struggle, so we ended up rehoming the second dog which she went to a good home as it all went through the correct rehoming channels and i felt incredibly guilty, but i was relieved at the same time and i had more time for everyone else, i'm glad we decided on that at the time as i now have a 13 month old son as well as my three old daughter and of course my beloved dog who is officially my daughters best friend! Wink Good luck with your baby andjust look forward to all the times ahead of you, cause when your baby arrives, you'll want to treasure every moment. Very Happy
fifitrixibelle
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. im so sorry to hear of your loss. last year my dog Chief got killed on the road right in front of my eyes as i hadnt bolted the gate properly and thought he was inside, lapse of conciousness i know now but at the time found it really difficult to cope with as i blamed myself and still do. He was running out to greet me. He was a rescue dog that never had a home and we got him when he was 6 months and was a terror but we had put so much work into him. He had also been beaten and took so long to gain our trust but he did and me and my OH loved him like a child. Now i have one of my own on the way and i know he would have been fantastic with the baby and everyday i wish he was still here with us.He will be a year dead the week i am due which i know is going to make it difficult but we have to get on with things. The point is dont blame yourself because it is not your fault. You know you would never have done it if you thought it would have put ur pet in any danger. Sorry for the long winded story i just know how bad u are feeling and hope that you will come to terms with what has happened and that things will get better for you soon, and once the baby arrives you will be very preoccupied with that, that it will make it easier for you. All the best and if u ever need to chat im here. Its a really horrible thing to go through and no one is underestimating how u are feeling.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular