dummys!

dame
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:40 am 
Post subject: dummys!
I need to get my 7 month old litle girl off the dummy but i dont want her to cry out, She wakes repeatedly in the night for us to put it back in, Help! Sad [/img]
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:41 am 
Post subject:
ouch, sorry - I don't know! not very helpful.. 7 months seems still pretty young though, could you not put it off until she's old enough to cry less and understand a little better maybe?
dame
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:19 am 
Post subject: Dummy
Yea could do, What age do you suggest? Is it not harder the longer you leave it? She has slept better this week, only waking once! We need to put her in her own room I think . Rolling Eyes
skyeblu07
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:33 pm 
Post subject: dummys
my little girl is 2 and she still has a dummy and my son is 1 and he still has his however i have cut their usage to bedtime as they only want their dummy when they are upset or tired. Have you tried making sure that she has various things to occupy her during the day so she doesn't feel the need for a dummy, when she asks for it pretend you don't know were it is then distract her with her fave toy or programme so she forgets that she wanted it. i have been potty training my lil girl and therefore waiting until she is out of nappies at bedtime before taking the dummy away. If your daughter wants the dummy as a comforter at bedtime then you should let her until she feels secure without it.
dame
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:33 pm 
Post subject: dummy
My daughter is only 7 months so dosnt ask for it, and does not have it in the day. I want to get her off it before she is 1 really as dont want her to get too dependant on it and even tho is only at sleep times. She's not bothered about having it in the day, occasionaly when she is teething. The longer she has it the harder it will be as her memory is very short at this age. The milupa web site is really good as have an expert on hand straight away to answer your questions.
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:53 am 
Post subject:
When my daughter was one i took her dummy away & replaced it with a TEDDY...As she was getting older i only gave her a dummy when she went to sleep,but then as soon as she had her 1st birthday i took it away...I never had any trouble at all with her having no dummie at bed times...She is 9 in Jan & will still sleep with her teddy not all nights but most....

Good luck on what u all decide to do & please let us know what you try & if it works or not....

karen...
mrswolfbane
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:39 pm 
Post subject:
when my boy was round a child that didnt have a dummy even at 9 months he understood and eh threw his away the same thing happened with my daughter

they did try and keep a bottle at night and used the teat as a dummy but that stopped when i refused to let them bed with a bottle and gave them a blankett

sometimes they have to cry it out and sometimes they dont depends on the child huny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular